This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default settings in family view and pedigree charts

I've been using Reunion for many years, but am new to ReunionTalk. I've just upgraded to Reunion 10. My question would apply to previous versions as well, however.

Has anyone had experience in changing the default settings in family view for spouses and adopted parent? There are two situations where I'd like to be able to do this:

The default family view always uses the first spouse, although in several instances the first marriage was brief and may have produced no children. For this reason, I've chosen no to enter information about early marriages in certain circumstances. I'd like to be able to select which spouse the program defaults to in family view. This would have a bearing on pedigree charts as well as the family view.

My second situation is one specific to my family. My paternal grandfather was adopted at the age of two by his mother's husband. His birth father died before he was born and I know very little about the birth father. The adoptive family is the only family he ever knew and I've done quite a lot of research into the history of the adoptive family. I have him linked to both fathers although I haven't found a way to have his adoptive family appear in the family view and in pedigree charts. The program defaults to the birth father. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: Changing default settings in family view and pedigree charts

Originally posted by BL Bloomberg View Post
    I'd like to be able to select which spouse the program defaults to in family view.
    You can select the default spouse (or, preferred spouse) by going to the Person Menu, Spouses & Children, Edit Spouses. In the window that drops-down listing the spouses you can click the "Preferred" column to choose who Reunion will default to when you access the individual. Click the "?" at bottom-left of this window for more details on how the settings here affect things.

I have him linked to both fathers although I haven't found a way to have his adoptive family appear in the family view and in pedigree charts. The program defaults to the birth father. Any suggestions?
    You can set this basically the same way you set the above, except select "Edit Parents..." from the "Parents" entry in the Person Menu.

Note that the "Person Menu" is the menu that appears when you click the gray, inverted triangle at top-right of a person's button.

HTH
    Last edited by Frank; 24 May 2012, 12:55 PM.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X