Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I insert an existing "cover page" into a "book"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I insert an existing "cover page" into a "book"?

I'm a relatively new Reunion user. I previously used "Brother's Keeper" on my Windows PC for my Family Tree and periodically generated Register Reports for printing and distributing to other family members via email. I've recently discovered the "book" feature in Reunion and love the format and layout that it provides. I'd like to send out a new Register Report using the "book" pdf format, but would like to include my existing one-page "cover sheet" that gives people an orientation and instructions on how to read the Register Report and how to contact me for updates. This "cover sheet" currently exists as page one of a Microsoft Word document. Is it possible to insert this after the table of contents in the book, just before the Generation One data, and then re-save it?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Can I insert an existing "cover page" into a "book"?

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
    This "cover sheet" currently exists as page one of a Microsoft Word document. Is it possible to insert this after the table of contents in the book, just before the Generation One data, and then re-save it?
    Yes. The manual calls this a "custom section", so search for those words in the manual for details. You could save the page as an .rtf file from Word, or print it to a .pdf file, and incorporate it into the book using one of those formats.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Yes. The manual calls this a "custom section", so search for those words in the manual for details. You could save the page as an .rtf file from Word, or print it to a .pdf file, and incorporate it into the book using one of those formats.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

I was able to insert my cover page as a Custom Section, but the margins are not centered on the book page. This doesn't seem to be adjustable inside the book, and the margins were fine in the original Word document. Any advice on how to fix this in the book?
        Last edited by thomprod; 23 October 2017, 03:44 PM.
        Steve Thomas

Comment

Working...
        X