Web Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Cards

I am using Reunion web cards as the backbone of my family website--sturkiefamily.com. Because of the size of my Reunion data base, my site is getting far too large. I would like to narrow the focus of my web cards to my direct relatives for five generations only. What is the easiest way to do this. Currently I have over 10,000 pages on my site and this is not sustainable.

Re: Web Cards

Originally posted by MaryW View Post
    I am using Reunion web cards as the backbone of my family website--sturkiefamily.com. Because of the size of my Reunion data base, my site is getting far too large. I would like to narrow the focus of my web cards to my direct relatives for five generations only. What is the easiest way to do this. Currently I have over 10,000 pages on my site and this is not sustainable.
    "Mark" the people you want to include, and leave the rest unmarked. When you create the webproject, you are offered the chance to include either all families, families with a marked spouse, or families with both spouses marked. Pick one of the two latter options and you should get the web report you want.

If you want to include only 5 generations of your direct ancestors, marking them is really easy. With your card onscreen, click on the check mark icon (for the mark panel), set the action to "Mark" 5 generations; set the "Who" to Ancestors of [you]; chose Unmark everybody first, mark source person (and probably mark spouses) and click the "Mark" button.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Web Cards

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      "Mark" the people you want to include, and leave the rest unmarked. When you create the webproject, you are offered the chance to include either all families, families with a marked spouse, or families with both spouses marked. Pick one of the two latter options and you should get the web report you want.

If you want to include only 5 generations of your direct ancestors, marking them is really easy. With your card onscreen, click on the check mark icon (for the mark panel), set the action to "Mark" 5 generations; set the "Who" to Ancestors of [you]; chose Unmark everybody first, mark source person (and probably mark spouses) and click the "Mark" button.
      Thanks, Dennis, for the information. This should simplify things so I can streamline my site.

Comment

Working...
      X