FamilyFile 11 size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FamilyFile 11 size

My FamilyFile 10 file size is 2.4MB but after the conversion my FamilyFile 11 file size is only 854KB. Everything appears to be there. What happened to the file size? Why is it dramatically smaller?
    Researching: Wrightson, Birmingham, MacIntyre/McIntyre, Porter, Winters

Re: FamilyFile 11 size

Originally posted by fwrightson View Post
    My FamilyFile 10 file size is 2.4MB but after the conversion my FamilyFile 11 file size is only 854KB. Everything appears to be there. What happened to the file size? Why is it dramatically smaller?
    File size fluctuates depending on many things including whether the index was saved with the file (if it wasn't, the file will rebuild the index when it's reopened.) If the number of people in each file is the same, there shouldn't be a problem.

Another factor that affects size is the thumbnails of pictures you've attached to people. They can be saved in a variety of sizes (your choice, in preferences).
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: FamilyFile 11 size

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      File size fluctuates depending on many things including whether the index was saved with the file (if it wasn't, the file will rebuild the index when it's reopened.) If the number of people in each file is the same, there shouldn't be a problem.

Another factor that affects size is the thumbnails of pictures you've attached to people. They can be saved in a variety of sizes (your choice, in preferences).
      Thanks Dennis
      Researching: Wrightson, Birmingham, MacIntyre/McIntyre, Porter, Winters

Comment

Working...
      X