This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOD in family group sheet

Hello all. I have searched for this particular problem and could not find it so.... am asking for help.

I was printing out a family group sheet today and the date of death for one of the children would not print out although it is entered in the individuals record and shows up in their view and the family view. I don't know if this matters, but both parents are still living.

This is probably one of those option things that I am overlooking. Still relatively new to Reunion 11, so pardon me if this is a Nooby issue.

Greg

Re: DOD not printing in family group sheet

Originally posted by gd barnes View Post
    I was printing out a family group sheet today and the date of death for one of the children would not print out although it is entered in the individuals record and shows up in their view and the family view.
    If no death dates for anyone are printing, you should check the selected "view" to be sure that the death field is selected to be printed.

If other death dates are printing out, but only this one person's isn't... that's confusing.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

On the guilty record, is the date entry "pure"? e.g. no odd or hidden characters, etc.

In most database programs, the presence of "outside of parameters" data can cause this type of thing. I would highlight that date and re-enter it and then try printing again. If the problem persists, then you probably need to have the Leister staff take a look.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Ok, I re-entered the death date to make sure of no strange characters or spaces. When I select the individual and print out a "person sheet", the DOD appears. But when I open up a Family Group Sheet in Pages, with this individual as the child, her date of death does not appear.

So, what gives?

Dennis, I am not sure as to what "view" you are speaking of so that I can make sure that the death field is selected to be printed. BTW, both parents are still alive, so they have no death dates to print. Only this particular child.

Greg

Comment

Dennis, I am not sure as to what "view" you are speaking of so that I can make sure that the death field is selected to be printed. BTW, both parents are still alive, so they have no death dates to print. Only this particular child.
          Greg, I should have said "layout". When you go to print out a report, you will see a screen that asks various questions about format and has a pull-down menu for "Layout".

If you select "Define layouts" from that pull-down menu you can select what data appears in the report.

And you can turn off or turn on the inclusion of death date there.

But if other people's death dates are printing out, then that isn't your problem.
          Attached Files
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Dennis,
            Many thanks for that. Your advice helped to solve the problem. In the Person fields that option was checked but not in the Family fields.

Thanks again!

Greg

Comment

Thanks again!
              Happy I helped you figure it out...
              Dennis J. Cunniff
              Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
              X