This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating info from iPhone Reunion app to Reunion 11

Hello! First post, probably not the last. I've been using Reunion for a long time. I just upgraded from 9 to 11. Unfortunately most of my updates to the Family tree were done on my little Reunion 9 App for my iPhone. How do I get that data into my older Reunion 11 file? Keep in mind this app is pre Reunion Touch. I don't have that yet. Looks like I have to sync with Bonjour? That's what the app tells me. Is Bonjour even still around? I've never set it up.

Re: Updating info from iPhone Reunion app to Reunion 11

Hi Henry,

Originally posted by henryrobinett View Post
    How do I get that data into my older Reunion 11 file?
    It's not possible to sync changes from Reunion for iPhone to Reunion 11 - the two aren't compatible.

Instead, what you would need to do is sync the changes back to the Reunion 9 family file (via the Reunion 9 application), then upgrade the Reunion 9 family file to Reunion 11.

You can find details on how to sync data from Reunion for iPhone to Reunion 9 in the manual of Reunion for iPhone. Open the manual in the app and look for the section on "Getting Changes from the iPhone" (it should be linked to at the top of the manual).

I hope that helps but please let us know if you have any further questions - thanks!
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

If you need some local support, we have a Reunion group in Sacramento. We usually meet on the 4th Wednesday at a location in Carmichael. To get on the mailing list for meeting notices, send an email to richardlhanson at gmail dot com.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Hi Henry,

It's not possible to sync changes from Reunion for iPhone to Reunion 11 - the two aren't compatible.

Instead, what you would need to do is sync the changes back to the Reunion 9 family file (via the Reunion 9 application), then upgrade the Reunion 9 family file to Reunion 11.

You can find details on how to sync data from Reunion for iPhone to Reunion 9 in the manual of Reunion for iPhone. Open the manual in the app and look for the section on "Getting Changes from the iPhone" (it should be linked to at the top of the manual).

I hope that helps but please let us know if you have any further questions - thanks!
        Thank you. But how do I get it to sync back to 9 on my Mac? OK, I'll look in the manual!

Comment

Working...
        X