This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding relatives

Something appears to have gone amiss with my ability to find relatives. I click on a person’s menu button and select Find Relatives in the drop down menu. This brings the name up as Source Person at the top of the Sidebar. In the Sidebar beneath the name there then appears the instruction ‘Drag a person’s button in here to find relatives.’ Doing this achieves nothing – not that I expect it to because surely the relatives of whoever is now identified as the Source Person should appear below his name without further action on my part. I have the appropriate boxes checked in the Relatives Settings menu at the foot of the Sidebar but no names of relatives appear. This happens with whoever I identify as the Source Person; each person I’ve tried has innumerable relatives.
    I've used this feature before to identify siblings and it's been trouble free. Any ideas please?

Re: Finding relatives

Have you tried rebuilding the cache files? It's in the File menu -- the last item "Rebuild Cache Files" and it often cures these ills.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: Finding relatives

Yes! This immediately solved the problem. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X