X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeisterPro shared a file on Dropbox

Hi everyone,
    This afternoon I received an email entitled "LeisterPro shared a file on Dropbox." I have never encountered this before. I have never ever known LeisterPro to send such a message out, therefore I presume it is spam? I assume LeisterPro takes appropriate security precautions about customers' email addresses.
    Or is this email legitimate?
    Thanks,
    Brian

Re: LeisterPro shared a file on Dropbox

Hi Brian,

The email is a phishing scam.

Someone gained access to our leisterpro@gmail.com address and sent out several emails like the one you received.

We have since taken steps to secure that account and ensure no further such emails are sent.

No personal information was accessed aside from the email addresses of a small subset of our users that we had previously contacted via our leisterpro@gmail.com address (we only used this when we were unable to contact someone using our regular leisterpro.com accounts).

Anyone who receives such an email should immediately delete it and should not follow the link in the email.

If you have followed the link in the email and entered the details requested on the website the link took you to, you should immediately change the password for the email that you entered on that page and for any accounts associated with that email address (if they share the same password).

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact us directly at help@leisterpro.com

We sincerely apologize for this occurrence.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X