This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some book questions

I am working on a book that is going to end up being large so I want to get as much on the page as I can. Is there a way to use a smaller font than size 8?

I also want to format the pages for double sided printing so I want the margin to be larger on the binding side. I clicked on "Alternate left and right" and set the gutter to 0.75". When I print out the book neither setting is there. What am I doing incorrectly?

Also the book generator does not seem to remember that I want the register section to be "two column" so I need to set that each time for all the generations. Is that not one of the properties that gets carried over in the register? it does repeat for the sources and index sections.

Thanks

Re: Some book questions

The alternate margins did work for me, but did not stay there over different uses. I trained myself to always turn it on, each time I re-generated my book. You might try that, and see if it's not staying "set".

That probably isn't *right*, but I found it easier to reset it each time, rather than figure out why it didn't stay set. (Back in June-August 2015)

Comment

I just experienced the same problem on the latest software release 11.0.10. Checking "Alternate left and right" is still not saved.

Comment

The same applies to 'Captions' in the Multimedia pages. I have learned to always check this option when creating a new book.
        Robin
        Victoria, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Mick O'Halloran View Post
          I clicked on "Alternate left and right" and set the gutter to 0.75".
          One thing to keep in mind here is that for the "Alternate left and right" setting to have any apparent effect the left and right margins must have different values.

As far as the "Alternate left and right" setting not being saved, we'll look into that issue.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X