Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11.0.8 Reports can now be opened directly in newer versions of Pages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.0.8 Reports can now be opened directly in newer versions of Pages.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something as I haven't used Reports much yet, but after installing the update to 11.08, I'm not seeing "Pages" listed as a Destination output option for reports.

How does one open a report directly in Pages?

Re: 11.08 Reports can now be opened directly in newer versions of Pages.

Originally posted by tinksquared View Post
    I'm sure I'm overlooking something as I haven't used Reports much yet, but after installing the update to 11.08, I'm not seeing "Pages" listed as a Destination output option for reports.

How does one open a report directly in Pages?
    Go to Reunion -> Preferences -> Reports -> Word Processor and on the right side select the name of your desired word processor there.

Hope this helps.
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
    Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

I'm so happy to have this capability back! Thanks!!!
        Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Re: 11.0.8 Reports can now be opened directly in newer versions of Pages.

Really good to have Pages back in the mix! Question: Where is the default font controlled? I don't find it in Reunion and there is no place in Pages to set a default (or it is magically hidden). I ask because the Pages reports are coming up in Times, Regular, 10 pt. While it only takes seconds to reformat, it would be nice to just come up as wanted. If there isn't, I'll take to the wish list to add to your future consideration.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Bob,

You should be able to select the font via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Reports, RTF

There you'll find a "Font" drop-down menu. The font selected here should be used for reports sent to Pages 5. Note that you can only select the font type, not the size.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Mark. I skipped past that item without looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                Hi Bob,

You should be able to select the font via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Reports, RTF

There you'll find a "Font" drop-down menu. The font selected here should be used for reports sent to Pages 5. Note that you can only select the font type, not the size.

HTH
                Why not the size? They open in a small font.

Comment

I could be mistaken but I believe the font size is in the hands of the word processor. In Pages, open a new document. Change the font size to what you desire. Close that document. Go to Reunion and generate a report. It should come up in your desired size.

This is where I'm not 100% sure but I think that new Pages documents come up in the font and font size used in the last previous document that you created or edited. Pages doesn't seem to have a font size control in its preferences.

Comment

Working...
                  X