This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State names (from GEDCOM) in all caps

I am trying to get my data into Reunion. For the most part, the places import fine (and I learned about the "strip extra commas" feature), but I still have one problem.

Almost all of my places have all capital letters for the state portion only (example: Atlanta, Fulton County, GEORGIA). This looks funny in the reports.

Is there any way to easily/quickly change these to mixed case?

For the most part, my GEDCOM has the various states spelled out as opposed to being abbreviated (in other words, it has the word GEORGIA - not GA). But I guess if I fix my problem it could create another in that if I do have something like "Macon, Bibb County, GA" - my fix might change that to "Macon, Bibb County, Ga" which I do not think I would want.

So I may be stuck but I thought I'd ask the pros on this forum for thoughts?

Re: State names (from GEDCOM) in all caps

Originally posted by JNG30047 View Post
    For the most part, my GEDCOM has the various states spelled out as opposed to being abbreviated (in other words, it has the word GEORGIA - not GA).
    There are a few ways you could do this, but I'd use this one first:

1) Go to the Find panel
    2) click on the "Find and Replace..." button
    3) do your Finds and Replace. Remember to do whole words only, and only in places.

Replace "GEORGIA" with "Georgia", "GA" with "Georgia", etc.
    Attached Files
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Using this method, it probably wouldn't hurt to activate the "case sensitive" option.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X