This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag "Research Complete" in GEDCOM

I have started using flag Rcmp (Research Complete) but I cannot see it in the resulting GEDCOM file (tag COMP).

I already use some other flags and they all are exported as expected.

Do I have missed something ?

Re: Flag "Research Complete" in GEDCOM

Originally posted by Legolas View Post
    I have started using flag Rcmp (Research Complete) but I cannot see it in the resulting GEDCOM file (tag COMP). . . .Do I have missed something ?
    Maybe. You can decide which flags get exported and which don't. Maybe you haven't selected Rcmp/COMP as a flag that gets exported.

When you first start to export a GEDCOM, Reunion opens a window with "General" and "Optional Fields" at the top.

If you click on "Optional Fields" you will see a list of tags with a place to mark which ones get exported. Note also on this page you can select whether the event memos will be exported or not.
    Attached Files
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Legolas View Post
      I have started using flag Rcmp (Research Complete) but I cannot see it in the resulting GEDCOM file (tag COMP).

I already use some other flags and they all are exported as expected.

Do I have missed something ?
      I have not used this feature - I must have overlooked it; however, when does one decide that research is complete? I suspect it is a personal decision, but I travel to my home turf once or twice a year and seem to always pick up a tidbit or two on folks who probably should be classified as 'Rcmp', but I haven't done any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbob View Post
        I have not used this feature - I must have overlooked it; however, when does one decide that research is complete? I suspect it is a personal decision, but I travel to my home turf once or twice a year and seem to always pick up a tidbit or two on folks who probably should be classified as 'Rcmp', but I haven't done any of that.
        I think you are right....personal decision. I would probably never mark anyone complete, because I can always hope to find more. I do have a flag I check when all available census data is accounted for.
        Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

It seems that fields are listed in Optional Fields for export only when Reunion knows they are used. This is done by performing a Usage scan in preferences.

Comment

Working...
          X