This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read-only synchronising?

Hi... I am a Reunion 10 user poised to upgrade to Reunion 11. I look forward to the much improved syncing with mobile devices.

With Reunion 9 & 10, I provided family members with copies of Reunion on their iPads etc. so they could browse the family file. With Reunion 11 and Reunion Touch they will always be up to date, which is great.

Is it possible to have a Reunion Touch access 'read only'? I don't want changes finding their way back onto my master copy without my say so.especially if small grandchildren are exploring.

Some shared Dropbox links are read only, but I am not sure how Reunion handles this, nor whether Reunion Touch will be upset if it cannot sync back any changes.

Any wisdom on this, please?
    Tony Voss
    antipole genealogy pages

Re: Read-only synchronising?

My solution has been to create a separate folder in Dropbox that I share with ReunionTouch users. I put a copy of my family file in that folder, not my master copy. This file is not updated in real time, but I can replace it whenever significant changes have been made. If it's corrupted by the RT users, it won't affect my real database. Frankly, there's not much reason to update it because most of the work on my family is on the periphery, which is of not much interest to most of the people I'm sharing with.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Read-only synchronising?

In addition to Tim's suggestion, you may find this FAQ helpful.
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X