This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox and/or Applications Folder

Before I began using Reunion 11, I kept all my family files in my application folder along with the Reunion Application and all the photos.

Now that I am using Reunion 11 and Drop box, should I put all my family files in Drop box and not in the applications folder? Where should I keep the folders with all the photos?

Re: Dropbox and/or Applications Folder

Originally posted by Macauley View Post
    Before I began using Reunion 11, I kept all my family files in my application folder along with the Reunion Application and all the photos.

Now that I am using Reunion 11 and Drop box, should I put all my family files in Drop box and not in the applications folder? Where should I keep the folders with all the photos?
    Your family files should not be inside your Applications folder. (As I recall, Reunion 8 was the last version where that practice was commonplace).

If you're not using ReunionTouch, then your family files should be located in: UserName/Documents/Reunion Files.

If you are using ReunionTouch, then your family file should be located in your Dropbox.

Generally, pictures are located inside: UserName/Pictures/Reunion Pictures, although this isn't necessary. Reunion will find them wherever you put them.

The only reason to put picture files somewhere in Dropbox is if you're using another Macintosh running Reunion, and you need to open one family file using both Macs.

But if you're just using one Mac, and then using ReunionTouch on your device, then the photos don't need to be in Dropbox.

One more thing: in newer Mac OS versions, attempting to drag a family file OUT of your Applications folder will only result in dragging an alias of the family file out of the folder. IN order to MOVE the family file out of the Applications folder, you'll need to press the Command key when you drag it out.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X