Deleting sources for names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting sources for names

I am using Reunion 10. I have several people whom I have entered the same source for their names. I have realized that for those people, I accidentally entered the source and it doesn’t belong with those names. Is there a way to do a group source delete on their names (without deleting the source entirely) or will I have to find them individually and delete the source, one by one?

Re: Deleting sources for names

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
    I am using Reunion 10. I have several people whom I have entered the same source for their names. I have realized that for those people, I accidentally entered the source and it doesn’t belong with those names. Is there a way to do a group source delete on their names (without deleting the source entirely) or will I have to find them individually and delete the source, one by one?
    You will need to find them and remove the source from each person's name one-by-one.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
      Not sure this was available in R10 but, if it is, it could make it a little easier to delete the individuals.

Click on "Sources" to get a list of all your sources. In the list, find the one you want and click to highlight it. Go down to the bottom of the source list and click on the hammer. There should be an option that says something like "Show people citing source #...". Click on it. You should get a list of all the people using that source #. There is a little down arrow next to each name-shows what you used that Source # for, for that person...i.e. Birth & Death or just one.Not sure you can delete the person from the list but, at least you can click on each name you want to delete from that source # and it will take you to their family page and you can delete the source from there.

Hope this is understandable and is helpful,
      Kaye
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I will just have to find the people one by one.

Comment

Working...
        X