Total people in tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total people in tree

How do I find the total number of people in my tree?

Re: Total people in tree

Originally posted by Meredith Wardwell View Post
    Well, if you switch to the "People" sidebar, it will appear at the top, like "People (1024)".

If you select "Get Info..." from the "File" menu, a window will open with the number of people, families, places, etc.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Well, if you switch to the "People" sidebar, it will appear at the top, like "People (1024)".

If you select "Get Info..." from the "File" menu, a window will open with the number of people, families, places, etc.
      Cool! I didn't know about the "Get Info" information! Works on R12 also. Thanks for the tidbit!

Kaye
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post

Thank you. So easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Meredith Wardwell View Post
          There's a difference between the total number of people in your "tree," which is the question you asked, and the total number of people in your Reunion database file, which is the number in parentheses at the top of the People column, as Dennis pointed out. I have many people in my database who are not in my tree, because I believe them to be related but have not found the connection yet. They are in "islands" in my database (and hooray to Reunion 12, or maybe it was 11, for providing a way to find the Islands).

To get the number of people in a family tree (i.e., proven connections), you'd want to Mark all your ancestors, their spouses, and descendants of ancestors. Then you could get a count of all the marked people.

Susan
          Last edited by Susan Freas Rogers; 26 February 2018, 05:36 PM. Reason: Realized I didn't finish the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Freas Rogers View Post
            There's a difference between the total number of people in your "tree," which is the question you asked, and the total number of people in your Reunion database file, which is the number in parentheses at the top of the People column, as Dennis pointed out. I have many people in my database who are not in my tree, because I believe them to be related but have not found the connection yet. They are in "islands" in my database (and hooray to Reunion 12, or maybe it was 11, for providing a way to find the Islands).

To get the number of people in a family tree (i.e., proven connections), you'd want to Mark all your ancestors, their spouses, and descendants of ancestors. Then you could get a count of all the marked people.

Susan
            Good point. But you don't need to do any marking, the number of people in each island (and the number of generations) is shown in the Islands list in the sidebar.

(And you can also mark all the people in any island very easily from there, should you need to do so.)
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
            X