Moving a child (and their spouse) to a new parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving a child (and their spouse) to a new parent

I just found out that a cousin of my Other Half had two husbands and one child by each.
    I'd entered the info on both of her children under what I now understand to be the second husband/marriage.
    Is there a way to move the file for the older daughter and her husband to the appropriate spot?

Re: Moving a child (and their spouse) to a new parent

Originally posted by Scott Baltic View Post
    I just found out that a cousin of my Other Half had two husbands and one child by each.
    I'd entered the info on both of her children under what I now understand to be the second husband/marriage.
    Is there a way to move the file for the older daughter and her husband to the appropriate spot?
    You can move the daughter easily enough. Drag her from the marriage where she doesn;t belong to the clipboard.

Switch to the marriage where she does belong (If you didn't add that husband yet, add him now). Drag her from the clipboard to the children area in the new marriage.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Moving a child (and their spouse) to a new parent

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      You can move the daughter easily enough. Drag her from the marriage where she doesn;t belong to the clipboard.

Switch to the marriage where she does belong (If you didn't add that husband yet, add him now). Drag her from the clipboard to the children area in the new marriage.
      Dennis, very belated thanks on this tip. It worked, first time!

FWIW, I work on genealogy very sporadically and actually forgot that I'd asked this question, till I had occasion to ask another one, earlier this week.

Best, Scott Baltic

Comment

Working...
      X