Can a "fact" appear in a Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a "fact" appear in a Book?

I recently started using two "fact" fields to show Hebrew name and nickname. I did this to avoid putting them in the "First & Middle Name" field, which often caused the name to be truncated on the screen because it was too long. These fields now appear in my Family View inside the person buttons right where I want them.

I publish (and regularly update) several Reunion Books that contain Register Reports so that other family members who don't have Reunion can see most of the information in my Family File. I've searched through Preferences but haven't yet found a way to make my two facts appear in the Books. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Can a "fact" appear in a Book?

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
    I publish (and regularly update) several Reunion Books that contain Register Reports so that other family members who don't have Reunion can see most of the information in my Family File. I've searched through Preferences but haven't yet found a way to make my two facts appear in the Books. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?
    Yes. It is possible to update a book project and add two fact fields. Try this...

1. Locate and open the appropriate book project and click the "Update" button at the bottom.

2. In the Update window, select "Define Layouts" from the Layout menu.

3. Click on "Person Fields" under Settings.

4. Scroll down through the list of fields on the right. Do you see the two fact fields you created? If not, let me know. If so, check the boxes to the right of them and click the "Apply to Spouse Fields" button at the top.

5. Finally, click "Save" and "Update."

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Yes. It is possible to update a book project and add two fact fields. Try this...

1. Locate and open the appropriate book project and click the "Update" button at the bottom.

2. In the Update window, select "Define Layouts" from the Layout menu.

3. Click on "Person Fields" under Settings.

4. Scroll down through the list of fields on the right. Do you see the two fact fields you created? If not, let me know. If so, check the boxes to the right of them and click the "Apply to Spouse Fields" button at the top.

5. Finally, click "Save" and "Update."

I hope you find this information helpful
      I am opening a .reunionbook file and I don't see an Update button. Am I blind?
      Should I be looking at the .pdf file?
      Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
      Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
        I am opening a .reunionbook file and I don't see an Update button. Am I blind?
        Should I be looking at the .pdf file?
        Kyuck, the "update button" looks like two black arrows chasing each other in a circle. It's located at the bottom of the Book Project window between the "plus" and the "gear". Alternatively, once you have the Book window open, you can also go to File menu and click "Update Book".
        Steve Thomas
        iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Yes. It is possible to update a book project and add two fact fields. Try this...I hope you find this information helpful
          Deb, thank you. I see my two fact fields and have checked them. Now, I'd like to change the order that the event and fact fields are shown in a Book/Register Report. The "Define Register Report Layouts" window says "Field order is set in Edit Person". Where is that setting located? Again, my two fact fields display right where I want them to on the screen in a Family View; I just want to place them before the events shown after the person's name in the Book.
          Steve Thomas

Comment

Deb, thank you. I see my two fact fields and have checked them. Now, I'd like to change the order that the event and fact fields are shown in a Book/Register Report. The "Define Register Report Layouts" window says "Field order is set in Edit Person". Where is that setting located?
            Edit Person is the panel in which the information is entered into your family file. (i.e., when you click on a field on the Family View, the Edit Person panel opens.)

Again, my two fact fields display right where I want them to on the screen in a Family View; I just want to place them before the events shown after the person's name in the Book.
            Since the fields were created as Fact fields, they cannot be displayed before Event fields in a book. I.e., in the Edit Person panel, events are displayed before facts.

One possible work-around would be to create two new Event fields, order them as you want in the Edit Person panel, and add them to your book.

Note: you may add a request explaining what you would like to do to the Wish List forum. (Our programmers do visit that forum when deciding which new features to add in a future version of Reunion.) Since we receive many, many feature requests, we cannot make any promises as to when or if a new feature request will be implemented. However, our programmers do consider them.
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Edit Person is the panel in which the information is entered into your family file. (i.e., when you click on a field on the Family View, the Edit Person panel opens.)...
              Now I understand. Thank you for your help.
              Steve Thomas

Comment

Working...
              X