Reunion 12: How to publish to the Web with Edit Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12: How to publish to the Web with Edit Capabilities

I am planning to host a family reunion in August (2018) and would like to figure out a way to publish a branch of my family tree on the Web to allow them to view and even update their information. Is that possible using Reunion 12? If not, what would be an alternative way for family members to view and edit this information?

Re: Reunion 12: How to publish to the Web with Edit Capabilities

I use TNG (The Next Generation of Genealogy Site Building) for that. You can create logons for each family member (or have them share one) and grant them whatever rights you want to give them (by branch, etc.) It costs $33 to buy the software which you load onto your site hosting service. (For that I use simplyhosting.net which is about $5/month) Simplyhosting will load TNG for you when you sign up.

TNG is basically a web interface similar to Ancestry's tree building interface. You can also upload GEDCOM files from Reunion. And you can post photos and link them to people in the tree.

Here's my site, for an example: http://www.bishir.org

If you scroll to the bottom of the home page there is a link to the TNG web page.

Comment

Working...
    X