Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Person Sheet

Using iMac El Capitan 10.11.6

Yesterday we upgraded to Reunion 12. Today I'm trying to generate a Person Sheet. I chose to open in Pages which didn't happen. I chose to open in Mail which didn't happen. I chose to Print and it did print!

So why didn't it go to Pages or Mail [preferably Pages]?

Thank you for your help!

Angela

Re: Person Sheet

Having similar problem with Reunion 12 and trying to send Family Group to MS Word.

Running iMac with High Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by PMarc19 View Post
      Having similar problem with Reunion 12 and trying to send Family Group to MS Word.

Running iMac with High Sierra.
      Found my issue, under preferences - Reports - Options RTF - untoggle Create .rtfd files when needed.

Comment

Nice that it worked for you! I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't go to Pages. I tried to send it to Mail which it did, but says "missing plug-in." What now?

Comment

I sent the email to myself with the "missing plug-in" message and it opened in Text Edit, but that's not good for my purpose. I would like to actually email the Person Sheet from Reunion to someone and/or open it in Pages so I would be able to add some personal notes! I guess I could email the "missing plug-in" email to someone, but that doesn't sound right! Is this a "bug"?

Thank you for any advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Trovato Nesmith View Post
            I sent the email to myself with the "missing plug-in" message and it opened in Text Edit, but that's not good for my purpose. I would like to actually email the Person Sheet from Reunion to someone and/or open it in Pages so I would be able to add some personal notes!
            This may or may not help. Go to Preferences -> Report -> Word Processor
            and make sure that Pages is selected as your default word processor.

Also, usually the solution to a missing plug-in is to load the plug-in. Usually when you get an error message about a missing plug-in, it also tells you which plug-in is missing, and gives a link to the page to download it from.
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Word Processor Preference is set to Pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Trovato Nesmith View Post
                Word Processor Preference is set to Pages.
                Please go back into:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Reports, Word Processor

And select "Other..." from the menu that opens, then use the window that opens to locate and select the current copy of Pages in your Applications folder. Then try sending a report to Pages again.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
                Mark Harrison
                Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you all very much. Mark's suggestion worked. I'm not sure why because I have only one version of Pages: Pages v. 5.6.2.

Happy that this is resolved! Thank you so much.
                  Angela

Comment

Same problem - My word processor choice was set to Microsoft Word and it always opened as .rtf. Changed to Pages; rtf again. I've gone to preferences>reports>word processor, and chosen "Other" to be sure I was using the most recent version of either Microsoft Word or Pages. No change, still .rtf. When I choose destination "Printer" instead of a word processor for the family group sheet, it opens in printer and I save as pdf or open in Preview. It looks wonderful. However, I want it to open in Word or Pages so it is editable. What's next? Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Reunion reports (when sent to a word processor) are always created in RTF format, as it’s the most widely supported format.

Once the report is opened in your preferred word processor you should be able to save it in/convert it to (via that word processor) any other format that word processor supports.

Note that it’s not possible to get the same format you get when selecting Printer if you’re sending the report to a word processor.
                      Mark Harrison

Comment

Thanks, Mark. That is my experience. Now I know that it isn't something that I've forgotten to set up. It does take a great amount of tweaking in Word to come up with a presentable document - something that looks like what is produced when sent to Printer. Since I want to be able to make minor changes before sending it out, so I'll work with Preview to see what can be done. Tomorrow I'm working with a Reunion Workshop group to talk about Family Group Sheets, so this is important information to pass on.

Comment

Another option to consider is that there are a variety of applications that can convert a PDF to MS Word (and other formats). While I haven't personally tested any, so can't say how good the results will be, a Google search for "PDF to Word" should bring up quite a few options.

You may be able to use one of those to convert a Person Sheet sent to the Printer and saved as a PDF (in the Print drop-down, click the PDF menu and select Save as PDF...) to a Word document.

HTH
                          Mark Harrison

Comment

That's my next step. I'll report back. Thanks!
                            Martha

Comment

Working...
                            X