Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-complete

Hello,
    I like it when a field has auto-complete, but at the moment I only seem to have one field that utilises it. That field is the 'place' field when viewing the events tab.

Should it be available elsewhere in the database and if so, how do I access it or turn it on?

I'm still within the first few months of using Renion, so I appreciate my learning curve is still quite steep, but I do seem to have to enter the same information lots of times. An example being when I add a Census Return as a source. I then go and attach that source to all the relevant people who are on the return. Is it correct to do it this way or am I missing a trick here?

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Re: Auto-complete

Originally posted by N Merrick View Post
    Should it be available elsewhere in the database and if so, how do I access it or turn it on?
    Auto-complete is available in two fields: the "Place" field as you've found, and also the "Last Name" field. In both cases suggestions are provided automatically - you don't need to enable an option.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you Mark.
      Is there a reason why it can't be utilised elsewhere on the database?
      Cheers.
      Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Comment

Other fields don't lend themselves to autocompletion like the last name and place name fields. Most other fields (facts, memos, notes, etc.) will contain unique data, where the places and last names tend to repeat throughout the file.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

How about first names? We all have lots of Johns, Williams, Janes, Elizabeths, etc..etc..
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X