Connecting to FamilySearch.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to FamilySearch.org

Hi. Lately(about a week) I have be having difficulties trying to search FamilySearch directly from a person on my tree. Ancestry and GeneaNet work just fine. Is this a problem on the FamilySearch side? I can imput the information into FamilySearch directly and it works just fine. But when I try to do it from Reunion I receive the message: "We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes". Thank you. Linda

Re: Connecting to FamilySearch.org

Several days ago, I encountered this but didn't think anything about it at the time as it is not unusual. However, several times since, I also have this result. And direct works just fine as with Linda. (Using Safari 12.0.2 (14606.3.4), macOS 10.14.2 and Reunion 12.0 (build 181218) 64 bit)
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I have been having the same issue. (Using Safari 12.0.2 (14606.3.4), macOS 10.14.2 and Reunion 12.0 (build 181218) 64 bit)
      Gerry Sauter

Comment

Originally posted by Linda1710 View Post
        Hi. Lately(about a week) I have be having difficulties trying to search FamilySearch directly from a person on my tree.
        How do I search FamilySearch directly from a person on my tree?
        Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
        Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Exact same issue here. Very frustrating. I'm guessing that something in the web link from Reunion no longer works. FamilySearch probably changed something on their end.

Comment

Thank you everyone. It is reassuring that it is not just me, but unfortunate that it is no longer working. Can Reunion do anything on their end to address this?
            Last edited by Linda1710; 14 January 2019, 04:06 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
              How do I search FamilySearch directly from a person on my tree?
              Two options. One is to right click in the person's name box and you will see Search the Web as one of the choices. Or click on the tiny point down in the upper right corner of same box to get the same popup menu. Once you get there, you will see that lots of destinations are built in and that you can set favorites.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi all,

For anyone having problems with the FamilySearch.org web search, please update your web searches.

To do that, go to:

Reunion -> Preferences..., Web, Searching

And click "Check for New Sites...". Once updated the FamilySearch.org web search should start working again.

HTH
                Mark Harrison
                Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Confirming that this fix worked. I can now see FamilySearch.org results. Thanks.
                  Steve Thomas
                  iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Thank you Mark, it is working now.

Comment

Working...
                    X