disappeared Reunion 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disappeared Reunion 11

Ever since I installed Mac OS Mojave into my Mac Mini Version 10.14.1 I lost my Reunion, the version I was working on. This additional info but I also lost my Windows. MacKeeper keeps appearing on my screen. I am honestly lost especially since I could not even find my Reunion (last version) in my ICloud. Now although I did find Reunion in my Applications I simply could not even open it. Is there a good soul about who could help me please?
    Christine

Re: disappeared Reunion 11

Originally posted by cvellaborda View Post
    Ever since I installed Mac OS Mojave into my Mac Mini Version 10.14.1 I lost my Reunion, the version I was working on. This additional info but I also lost my Windows. MacKeeper keeps appearing on my screen. I am honestly lost especially since I could not even find my Reunion (last version) in my ICloud. Now although I did find Reunion in my Applications I simply could not even open it. Is there a good soul about who could help me please?
    Christine
    First, get rid of MacKeeper as it is a well-known source of malware.

The probable reason Reunion 11 disappeared is because it was, IIRC, a 32-bit application and starting with Mojave, Mac OS only supports 64-bit applications. Now your data file should be available in one of the Time Machine backups or any other backup made PRIOR to the Mojave install.

If Reunion 12 will not open in Mojave, you might try deleting it and downloading and installing a fresh version. Then navigate to your data file in the pre-Mojave back-up and see if it opens.
    Dennis B. Swaney
    Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

First step is to find someone local to you that knows their way around a Mac really well.

Second step is to get rid of MacKeeper. It purports to do good maintenance on your Mac but really does the opposite and makes huge messes. If you get out on the Internet and do a search, you will find lots of hits saying it is a real prime malware site. (Please note that the comments apply to all similar applications.)

Have that Mac person get rid of MacKeeper and all of its pieces then install a malware detector app; the most popular is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (which I think is free).

He or she then can make quick work of solving the remaining problems. It is likely that MacKeeper itself or malware have messed with your directory.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        First step is to find someone local to you that knows their way around a Mac really well.

Second step is to get rid of MacKeeper. It purports to do good maintenance on your Mac but really does the opposite and makes huge messes. If you get out on the Internet and do a search, you will find lots of hits saying it is a real prime malware site. (Please note that the comments apply to all similar applications.)

Have that Mac person get rid of MacKeeper and all of its pieces then install a malware detector app; the most popular is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (which I think is free).

He or she then can make quick work of solving the remaining problems. It is likely that MacKeeper itself or malware have messed with your directory.
        Thanks Bob, I am trying to find someone who really knows Mac as you suggested! I cannot for the life of me understand why Mac lets MacKeeper in without pointing out that it is a spam. Some time back I did get rid of it myself but than I was the one to blame for installing it, this time I did not knowing too well that it messed up my computer last time. So what really happened I cannot understand. How did come back and found itself into my computer again. Yes, maybe you are right about the huge mess due to MacKeeper, but I now read somewhere that MacOS is no friend of Reunion so I am lost there.

Comment

Thanks Bob, I am trying to find someone who really knows Mac as you suggested! I cannot for the life of me understand why Mac lets MacKeeper in without pointing out that it is a spam. Some time back I did get rid of it myself but than I was the one to blame for installing it, this time I did not knowing too well that it messed up my computer last time. So what really happened I cannot understand. How did come back and found itself into my computer again. Yes, maybe you are right about the huge mess due to MacKeeper, but I now read somewhere that MacOS is no friend of Reunion so I am lost there.
          Check your security settings. Go to  Menu>System Preferences. Once that is open, click on the "Security & Privacy" control panel, then click on the "General" tab. In the bottom half of the tab, there is an item that says "Allow apps downloaded from:" and below that there are three options: "Mac App Store", "Mac App Store and identified developers", and "Anywhere". You should have one of the first two options checked. In your case I recommend you check the first option. With it checked you will only be able to install applications bought from the Mac App Store; any other application will require an administrator password to authorize the install. Since MacKeeper would be blocked by either of the first two app install options, that should keep it out unless you SPECIFICALLY allow it to be re-installed.

Reunion is a MacOS-ONLY application, so it is very MacOS friendly and vice-versa. Whoever told you the opposite was lying to you.
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Prescott, AZ

Comment

Thanks Bob, I am trying to find someone who really knows Mac as you suggested! I cannot for the life of me understand why Mac lets MacKeeper in without pointing out that it is a spam.........
            Apple cannot control independent companies. They can deny use of their logo. If you go to the MacKeeper website, you will not see any Apple logo. And, of course, they can refuse to market said product in the App Store. You will not find MacKeeper and similar in the App Store.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by romad View Post
              First, get rid of MacKeeper as it is a well-known source of malware.

The probable reason Reunion 11 disappeared is because it was, IIRC, a 32-bit application and starting with Mojave, Mac OS only supports 64-bit applications. Now your data file should be available in one of the Time Machine backups or any other backup made PRIOR to the Mojave install.

If Reunion 12 will not open in Mojave, you might try deleting it and downloading and installing a fresh version. Then navigate to your data file in the pre-Mojave back-up and see if it opens.
              How does one navigate pre-Mojave back up please?

Comment

How does one navigate pre-Mojave back up please?
                If you used Time Machine just go to it and find a date just before you installed Mojave. If you didn't rename it, look for "My Family File.familyfile11" if your previous version was Reunion 11. Otherwise use ".familyfileXX" where the "XX" is the version number of Reunion you used.
                Dennis B. Swaney
                Prescott, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by romad View Post
                  If you used Time Machine just go to it and find a date just before you installed Mojave. If you didn't rename it, look for "My Family File.familyfile11" if your previous version was Reunion 11. Otherwise use ".familyfileXX" where the "XX" is the version number of Reunion you used.
                  Thanks, you have been most helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X