One Source/Two Sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Source/Two Sources?

When I have a census page that contains two different family names, and I have both of those names in my Family File, should I create one Source and include both names in the file name, or should I make two separate Sources?
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Re: One Source/Two Sources?

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
    When I have a census page that contains two different family names, and I have both of those names in my Family File, should I create one Source and include both names in the file name, or should I make two separate Sources?
    I would, just to cover all bases.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
      I create one source, and include both names in 'PERSON' field for the source. I also use Spotlight Comments to add both names to the File Info window, and tag the document with any surname branches that are included. And because I link the source to each person mentioned, I don't have any trouble finding the source when I need it. But this is just how I do it. You'll have to experiment to find what works for you.
      Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

I use two sources. Neither name appears in the file name, since I name them according to places, not people. Two or more from the same place get an added a, b, c...

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
          I am going to do as Kim does and use One Source, Two Names.
          Thanks again,
          Kevan
          Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
          Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Working...
          X