Top Menu not active on iPhone SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Menu not active on iPhone SE

I have Reunion Touch 1.0.7 installed on my iPhone SE and can open family files located in my Dropbox. However, the menu selections across the top (i.e, Back and forward, Home, People and Tools (Hammer) do not respond.

I can navigate on-screen, selecting individuals either drilling down to next generations or up to previous generations. However, without Tools, for example, I can't close the family file to open another family file (I have three family files in Reunion Touch), nor do any of the other functions available there (which I used to be able to do)

My only recourse is to close the Reunion Touch application (double tap the iphone homebutton) and remove/close the application (swipe up). Then I can request the app from the icon on my iPhone and it presents me with the "Welcome to Reunion Touch" and my choice of anyone of the 3 family files, which opens without problem.

I can confirm that the content of the family files is syncing with my Mac Reunion (via Dropbox) - all the changes seem to be there, both those entered on Reunion and on Reunion Touch.

But not having access to the navigation menu selections is a real handicap. Any suggestions?

Denis

I should add

1)that, to my surprise, I did get access to Tools once in the last few weeks, closed a family file, but have not been able to use it since.

2) My daughter and I both use Reunion and share the family files stored in Dropbox with no issues. The issue I have is limited to the menu on Reunion Touch.

Re: Top Menu not active on iPhone SE

Originally posted by Denis Bourque View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes. I recommend you try deleting and reinstalling the ReunionTouch app.

Information about how to delete an app from your iPhone can be found here...

Information about how to reinstall ReunionTouch can be found here...

To recover deleted apps on iPhone and iPad, Launch App Store > tap on the profile icon, tap Purchased > Tap My Purchases > tap the Not on This iPhone menu, Find the app that you deleted and wish to re-install.

Afterward, you will need to download your family files from Dropbox again. This can be done by following the steps (beginning with step 6) found here...

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Yes. I recommend you try deleting and reinstalling the ReunionTouch app.

Information about how to delete an app from your iPhone can be found here...

Information about how to reinstall ReunionTouch can be found here...

To recover deleted apps on iPhone and iPad, Launch App Store > tap on the profile icon, tap Purchased > Tap My Purchases > tap the Not on This iPhone menu, Find the app that you deleted and wish to re-install.

Afterward, you will need to download your family files from Dropbox again. This can be done by following the steps (beginning with step 6) found here...

I hope you find this information helpful
      Thanks Deb for the recommended re-installation.

Regrettably, it didn't solve the problem. FYI, I had no problem deleting and re-installing ReunionTouch, then re-attaching and re-opening the three familyfiles in my Dropbox. I can still navigate through the screens via the names on the screen. Updates entered in Reunion on my Mac are present on the iPhone's Reunion Touch. However, I still cannot use the menu across the top (see attachment) (despite, for example the "back arrow" being turned-on (i.e., no longer greyed out) after moving away from the Home page where it automatically opens.)

I even left the App "open" (i.e., on-screen) for several hours just in case the images being downloaded in background could be interfering with the menu - but to no avail.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Denis
      Attached Files

Comment

An "out of the box" question: Are you having touching/tapping problems in that same area of the screen with other apps?
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Good question. Not with other apps, but I've noticed that the iPhone's "swipe down" menu is easily activated when I try to tap the icons across the top ReunionTouch Menu. Naturally, if I don't complete the swipe down, I don't actually see the swipe down screen - I just see the beginning's of it ... but I'm not surprised about your question, because I was starting to wonder if the Reunion Touch Menu was too close to the top of the screen. In fact, if I try, say, 20 times being very careful to touch only the bottom of the icon (e.g., hammer) but at the same time trying to avoid touching/tapping the top name on the screen directly below the icon, I may be successful once. Not very practical.

Do you know a way around this?

Thanks,

Denis

P.S.: it's a brand new phone, purchased 4 months ago directly from Apple.

Comment

FWIW: I have an iPhone SE (Nov 2016) and I don't have these problems. I just checked. I did have to touch the hammer 3 times to get my "touch" to be in the right spot. But not 20 times.

Does your screen case come close to the top of the visible screen, and prevent your finger from touching in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by baddorfdeb View Post

Does your screen case come close to the top of the visible screen, and prevent your finger from touching in that area?
              Actually, the screen case doesn't interfere, because I can swipe down from the upper edge to get the notifications on the phone without problems. Ditto when I rotate the screen to landscape mode.

I've been trying various ways to 'tap' the icons. It seems that if I barely touch to screen, and I really mean barely, I have a greater success rate. The 'touch' for this is nothing like the touch i'm allowed to use for any of the other menus, names, etc. within Reunion or for other Apps.

Weird!

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by baddorfdeb View Post
                FWIW: I have an iPhone SE (Nov 2016) and I don't have these problems. I just checked. I did have to touch the hammer 3 times to get my "touch" to be in the right spot. But not 20 times.

Added question: Since I can't tell whether you are a guy or a gal.... do you have long and/or artificial nails? A common touching problem is that finger nails do not "connect" with Apple's touch screens. It has to be skin.
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Bob,

I'm a guy - short nails.

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                  Added question: Since I can't tell whether you are a guy or a gal.... do you have long and/or artificial nails? A common touching problem is that finger nails do not "connect" with Apple's touch screens. It has to be skin.
                  I seem to have found the solution - but it wasn't easy to discover. It's all in the pressure I apply when I tap the Menu items - the menu icons seem to be extremely touch sensitive. When I tap a grandparent's or child's name, for instance, Reunion Touch moves to that name. If I tap the husband or wife, Reunion Touch opens the fields for that name.

But when I similarly tap the "Menu" icons across the top - the action fails to occur . . . or so it seems. But I noticed that the icon flashes on/off under my finger. With some experimenting, I was able to make the menu items work at my discretion but ONLY if I barely touch the icons - and I mean barely touch, dare I even say to have my finger tip barely caress the icon. It seems like the icons operate as though they toggle on and then immediately off if the touch is too much. So a "Tap" like I use everywhere else on Reunion Touch (or in my other Apps) simply fails.

I don't know if this is a feature within Reunion Touch (i.e., measures pressure of the touch) or of my iPhone. But it only applies to these icons in Reunion Touch and not across any of my other apps that have items in that location of the phone screen. And since the same occurs when I rotate the screen to landscape mode, I don't suspect the iPhone.

By the way, I discovered via Tools (which I was now able to see) that one could swipe on the screen , up, down, left, right, diagonally, to get some of the actions in the menu. It seems the swipe has to be in the middle of the Husband/Wife section and the "pressure" has to be no more than my "barely caressing" touch of the screen for this to work.

Thanks for your assistance in this endeavour. The conversation helped immensely with my exploration. I wonder if others have experienced the same touch "sensitivity".

Denis

Comment

Working...
                  X