Custom Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Chart

Is it possible to make a custom Ancestor chart which includes all census data? I have tried to create one and in the person field I have ticked the box to include 'census'. However, this only picks up the first census entry for each person which is in the list of events. I would like it to pick up the full list of census data for each person if possible. For some people in my tree I have six census events. Thanks.

Re: Custom Chart

Charts will only use the first event of each type for a person.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      Charts will only use the first event of each type for a person.
      So, would it work if one created a custom census event tag for each census year?
      e.g. Census 1841, Census 1851, Census 1861, etc.?
      Just a thought!
      James L. Milne
      Click here to email me

Comment

Without going to the computer to test it, I’d say that would be an effective approach. It wouldn’t take long to create the fields, and one could populate them for one person and make a chart to test and see if it works as expected. The chart layout will need to have all those fields selected in order to have them display in the chart.

Good thought!
        Last edited by ttl; 17 January 2019, 07:48 PM.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by James Milne View Post
          So, would it work if one created a custom census event tag for each census year?
          e.g. Census 1841, Census 1851, Census 1861, etc.?
          Just a thought!
          You have a limit of just eight (8) fields for charts (any type) and the person's name uses two of them, leaving just six (6) to play with.
          Arnold
          -----
          RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
          X