ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Reunion 12

Old 24 November 2018, 01:54 PM

Default Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer

When I show items I've cropped outside Reunion in the multimedia viewer, the image is not the same as I see it outside Reunion. I've attached a an obituary that I just cropped. The first attachment shows the obituary as I cropped it. The second shows the same image as seen in the multimedia viewer. Don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ObitAsSeenInPreview.jpg (34.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg ObitAsSeenInReunion.jpg (35.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 24 November 2018, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbullock View Post
When I show items I've cropped outside Reunion in the multimedia viewer, the image is not the same as I see it outside Reunion. I've attached a an obituary that I just cropped. The first attachment shows the obituary as I cropped it. The second shows the same image as seen in the multimedia viewer. Don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bob
Why not import the original and crop within Reunion?
Old 24 November 2018, 08:27 PM

Good idea! Please remember that you are not actually cropping in Reunion. e.g. the entire original photo stays. What you are actually doing is creating a window to show what you want to show and the rest of the photo is masked from being displayed. In normal cropping, the excess would actually be gone.
Old 25 November 2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuck View Post
Why not import the original and crop within Reunion?
Good idea. However, when I load the full newspaper page pdf, i don't see the crop tool as one of my options. Not sure why.

Bob
Old 25 November 2018, 06:55 PM

See this from the manual: Document files linked to people and families have limitations compared to image files. For example, a "preferred" picture must be an image file (such as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file) and can't be a document file (such as an RTF or Text file). Document files will not appear in ReunionTouch on your devices. (You'll find this under "Treat as Document" if you want to read up on the subject.) By any chance, does this answer the question? If not, we keep working....
Old 25 November 2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob White View Post
See this from the manual: Document files linked to people and families have limitations compared to image files. For example, a "preferred" picture must be an image file (such as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file) and can't be a document file (such as an RTF or Text file). Document files will not appear in ReunionTouch on your devices. (You'll find this under "Treat as Document" if you want to read up on the subject.) By any chance, does this answer the question? If not, we keep working....
The newspaper page was a PDF file. I also tried a PNG file. No luck. I sent this question to the help desk at Leister.

Bob

ReunionTalk > Using Reunion 12 > Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer