How to transfer everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to transfer everything

I want to copy everything to a family member's Mac. I will buy them the software. How do I do this?

Re: How to transfer everything

Originally posted by Prantdavis View Post
    I want to copy everything to a family member's Mac. I will buy them the software. How do I do this?
    Information about how to transfer your family files to another Mac can be found here.

After your family files (and any linked media items) have been transferred to the other Mac, you may purchase Reunion 12 through our online Web Store for your family member by following these steps...

1. Select "Download - Reunion 12 for Macintosh" in our Web Store and click Proceed.

2a. If you are okay with the family member knowing the cost of the software, do this...
    Enter the family member's email address and phone number in the Contact Information section. (Note: that family member will receive the confirmation email which includes the cost of the software, their license information and a link to download the software.)

2b. If you do not want the family member to know the cost of the software, do this...
    Enter your email address and phone number in the Contact Information section.

3. Enter the appropriate Billing Address for the credit card being used and click Proceed to Checkout.

4. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the "Description of Charges" section, look at the User Name. Click the "Change Name" button and change the User Name to the recipient's name. Then, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button to go back to that "Checkout" window.

5. Finally, to complete the purchase, click the "Pay With Card" button and enter the credit card information.

You will see a confirmation screen with the necessary download and license information. In addition, the recipient will receive a confirmation email with that information and the cost of the software.

If you opted (in Step 2) to have the email sent to your own email address, be sure to forward the necessary information to the family member for whom Reunion 12 was purchased. Also, please follow up by sending an email to our sales email account saying Reunion 12 was purchased for your family member. Include their name and email address in that email so we can keep our records accurate.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

How do I move Reunion 10 and my files to a new computer?

My version 10 is on a CD so I was able to copy it on to my new computer. I also copied my whole Reunion family data file and folders of linked multimedia to the new computer.

Reunion 10 starts up fine with all my data except it can't find the links to my multimedia. It will be a big job to go to each item of multimedia and link it to the entry in my family file.

Should I have stored my multimedia in particular folders? Should I have transferred my family file and linked multimedia in a particular way so that the links are still in place on my new computer?

Thanks Dan O

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O View Post
        How do I move Reunion 10 and my files to a new computer?

My version 10 is on a CD so I was able to copy it on to my new computer. I also copied my whole Reunion family data file and folders of linked multimedia to the new computer.

Reunion 10 starts up fine with all my data except it can't find the links to my multimedia. It will be a big job to go to each item of multimedia and link it to the entry in my family file.

Should I have stored my multimedia in particular folders? Should I have transferred my family file and linked multimedia in a particular way so that the links are still in place on my new computer?

Thanks Dan O
        Go to Preferences and select Multimedia, then Locations. Update the media file folder addresses in that pane and select Repair.

Comment

Thanks dfilpus

I did as you suggested and it worked a treat. It isolated a single orphan piece of multimedia but I was easily able to double-click on the item and link it.

Thanks for answering this so promptly

Dan O

Comment

Working...
          X