Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Reunion track original docs in our possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Reunion track original docs in our possession?

Hello,
    I have most of my sources in Reunion now, some of them were found by searching online, some are documents where I have been given the original, some are copies of original documents.
    What is the easiest way to mark the sources as one of these options?

For example, when viewing a source in Reunion I would like to be able to easily see if that document is digital only, an original or a paper copy.

I have been using the 'Location of Source' field to add the URL that led to the document being found, but in some cases there is a URL as well as a paper copy. Would there ever be an option to add a drop down list to the source fields?

Drop down lists of commonly used words would be great throughout, but I am assuming there is a reason this database doesn't support them? I have tried searching this topic but haven't found anything.
    Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Re: Can Reunion track original docs in our possession?

Originally posted by N Merrick View Post
    I have been using the 'Location of Source' field to add the URL that led to the document being found, but in some cases there is a URL as well as a paper copy. Would there ever be an option to add a drop down list to the source fields?
    The way I handle this is to:
    1. Put a Title that will tell you about the Source,
    2. If they are not in the original Source, click the + at the top of the Source, and add fields "URL," "Media Type" and "Location of Source,"
    3. In "URL," put the URL of the document. If there is more than one URL, add another URL field,
    5. In "Media Type," put efile or ".jpg, .pdf, .rtf, etc." and "paper copy" if there is one,
    6. In "Location of Source" put both the efile location and the hard copy location in the same Location of Source e.g. Kevan’s Computer>Documents>Reunion Files>Reunion Sources>123 & Kevan’s Source Book (for the hard copy).
    Or if you wish add another "Location of Source."
    Hope this helps,
    Kevan
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Re: Can Reunion track original docs in our possession?

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for explaining so clearly how you handle this situation.

As a new user of Reunion I sometimes forget how amazingly versatile it is. I absolutely love this software as I really can make it work the way I want it to - as long as I remember to think outside the box and get creative.

Cheers
      Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Comment

Working...
      X