Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Save Chart Layout (Orientation)

Hello,

I have created a chart and don’t want to be editing the Orientation and other settings every time. I tried to use the "Define Layouts...", but I don't see anything about Orientation in there.

I searched the program, the manual, this forum, and Google, and have not found the answer. Seems like it should be jumping off the page at me, but it's not.

Your help is appreciated.
    Last edited by reggoboy; 14 January 2019, 12:50 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
    Dave Kitabjian

Re: How to Save Chart Layout (Orientation)

Let me also clarify that I'm not talking about changing Defaults, which I read discussion about. I'm talking about saving Orientation as part of the layout (and probably creating multiple layouts with different saved orientations, all saved so they don't have to be set each time).

Thanks.
    Dave Kitabjian

Comment

Orientation can't be set in layout, and is set as an automatic default each time it's used unless you lock the defaults.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        Orientation can't be set in layout, and is set as an automatic default each time it's used unless you lock the defaults.
        You’re saying that the orientation will default to the last used value if you don’t lock?

Can someone help me understand how this makes sense? By far the most dominant aspect of any layout is the orientation and related settings, like generations before waterfall. In fact, it’s the one aspect of the chart that I want to use a template model to store a few crafted variations for frequent use. And it’s all the other settings that I would be more likely to be willing to “lock as defaults” because I will vary them less frequently.

This is going to make automating my workflow building and sharing charts almost impossible. And it just appears to be a glaring omission. But I know LP is very thoughtful about design.

Looking for feedback.

Thanks!
        Dave Kitabjian

Comment

I hear you. I'm not sure if you mean orienting the chart itself or the paper, though. I seem to remember that in previous versions, both options were available. I would like to change the orientation of the paper from portrait to landscape for printing the chart, in order to see which uses the least paper. That option doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I rarely print anything. I’m referring the orientation of the chart itself.
            Dave Kitabjian

Comment

Working...
            X