Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships

I've noticed for a little while that "relationships" don't show in my Reunion.

I've gone to Preferences>Family View>>Default>Parents> and made sure I added "Relationship" to the fields but nothing seems to show on the family View cards.
    I'm sure I had seen the relationship under the parents names in family view in the past but not any more.
    Anyone know if I have missed something?
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Re: Relationships

Hi Alan,

Often this is the result of not having a source person set for relationships. To set a source person, drag the individual that you want to be the source (e.g. your entry) into the Relatives sidebar.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Mark.

I always thought that the relationship, if set in the prefences, remained on. But obviously its not so.

Anyway happy new year to all in 2018.

Alan
      PS. I don't seem to be getting notifications of new topics or replies to threads these days.
      I don't think i've turned off the Reunion Talk Forum.

Alan
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

It confuses me too. I added the 'Relationship' field to the 'family view' but it seems to keep going blank. Resetting the source person seems to temporarily solve the hiccup.

It would be helpful to have an icon—accessible from anywhere in the app—that readily identifies the source person.

*Developers, perhaps a minor UI upgrade might solve the issue for those of us troubled by this?
        http://www.eastwoodbungalow.com

Comment

Originally posted by blurped View Post
          It would be helpful to have an icon—accessible from anywhere in the app—that readily identifies the source person.
          If you click on the Relatives icon in the navbar (left side) or use the drop-down menu at the top of the sidebar (right side) to select "Relatives", the name of the current Source Person will appear at the top. If there is no current source person, it will also tell you that.
          Attached Files
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
          X