Sharing and linking multimedia with someone using Family Tree Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing and linking multimedia with someone using Family Tree Maker

I sent my cousin a GEDCOM file because he wanted to get my Tree into the software he uses, Family Tree Maker. He also wanted to see the media I have attached to sources and people in Reunion, so I exported the GEDCOM with multimedia links and sent him a link to download my Reunion Pictures folder which is in my Dropbox. He can see the media in the folder and import the GEDCOM data into FTM, but can't figure out how to link the media to the corresponding people. Since I don't use FTM, I can't give him specific instructions, but I suggested there should be a preference or setting to tell FTM where to look for the media on his computer. Does anyone have experience with FTM and transferring media from Reunion to FTM?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Bumping. Any FTM users out there?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Bumping again. I'd really like to get some help on FTM, please.
      Steve Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
        ...I can't give him specific instructions, but I suggested there should be a preference or setting to tell FTM where to look for the media on his computer...
        I found this web page...

Among the Genealogy Blogging community, there have been a number of Bloggers talking about 'Getting Organized". There have also been a coupl...

Perhaps it will be helpful for your cousin.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X