Duet Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet Display

Has anyone tried using Duet Display to let their iPad/iPhone be a second monitor to their Mac?
    Dennis B. Swaney
    Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Re: Duet Display

Originally posted by romad View Post
    Has anyone tried using Duet Display to let their iPad/iPhone be a second monitor to their Mac?
    Yes - I have Duet Display and whilst I don't use it often, it has been useful in giving me an alternative display.
    I had some difficulty in recent months in it not functioning properly and the developers couldn't
    find the problem.
    Only this week I found out that a new version was out V.(2.0.3.8) and it worked perfectly on
    an iMac using mojave(10.14.2).
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      Yes - I have Duet Display and whilst I don't use it often, it has been useful in giving me an alternative display.
      I had some difficulty in recent months in it not functioning properly and the developers couldn't
      find the problem.
      Only this week I found out that a new version was out V.(2.0.3.8) and it worked perfectly on
      an iMac using mojave(10.14.2).
      Do you use it with Reunion? If so, how do you use it and with what iDevice? I have iPad Minis and iPhones.
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Prescott, AZ

Comment

Do you use it with Reunion? If so, how do you use it and with what iDevice? I have iPad Minis and iPhones.
        I have just tried it with Reunion (latest version) and it works with my iPad Pro.
        You connect up with a usb cable, launch Duet on both your iMac & iPad and when connected you can then open Reunion on the iPad. The screen appears as your desktop screen but without any icons in view.
        You can slide your curser off to the (right) side of your mac and it will appear on the iPad.
        I believe it will also work via wi-fi although I haven't tried it.

Whether I will use it with Reunion i'm not so sure, but the app could be useful in other ways.
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

So it just mirrors what the application is showing on the main display or can you have part of a tree view or maybe the people list on the iPad?

It would be nice if you could put the manual on the second display so you can look at it while actually looking at the area in Reunion the manual is referring to.
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Prescott, AZ

Comment

It would be nice if you could put the manual on the second display so you can look at it while actually looking at the area in Reunion the manual is referring to.
            Yes you can - in fact i'm doing it as I write this reply on my imac.
            The manual is open on my ipad and by sliding my cursor off to the right of the imac screen, the cursor then becomes available on the iPad where I can independently consult the manual.
            The more I play with it, I can see it is more useful than I first thought. I can open my people list on the ipad, at the same time use Reunion on the mac.
            Last edited by alan; 14 December 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

That is fantastic, Alan! Thanks for the info. I'm going to get Duet Display working after I return from the holidays.
              Dennis B. Swaney
              Prescott, AZ

Comment

Working...
              X