Adding simple text boxes to charts, Reunion 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding simple text boxes to charts, Reunion 9

I'd like to embellish a chart I did of a rather illustrious (by my standards, at least) family who are related by marriage to one of my cousins.
    All I want to do is add simple text boxes, each with a plain border, at a few points on the chart, to highlight the occupations of a few of these folks. E.g., one was a pretty prominent painter in the early 20th century and another had some fame as a talk-radio sex therapist. Srsly.
    I've sort of figured out how to add shapes to the chart and to add a bit of text separately, then Grouping them. But this is rather cumbersome, and I can't seem to change the alignment of the text, nor re-proportion the shapes.
    Is there an easier way to do this in 9? If not, can one of the later versions do this?

Re: Adding simple text boxes to charts, Reunion 9

Originally posted by Scott Baltic View Post
    ...I've sort of figured out how to add shapes to the chart and to add a bit of text separately, then Grouping them...I can't seem to change the alignment of the text, nor re-proportion the shapes...
    Is there an easier way to do this in 9? If not, can one of the later versions do this?
    The only way to re-proportion a shape is to move your cursor over the lower-right corner of the shape until your cursor becomes a hand. Then, drag up or down and to the right or left. (If you are wanting to re-proportion a shape with rounded edges, the trick is to see it as a square or rectangle. Then, move your cursor to where the lower-right corner would be if it were a square or rectangle. And, finally, click and drag.)

To change the alignment of the text added, click once on the text. Then, from the "Text alignment" menu on the left toolbar, select Left, Center or Right. Note: the Text alignment menu is the last Text menu in the toolbar on the left.

Additional information about editing a text box, aligning text in a box, or editing a shape can be found in the manual by searching for "edit text box," "align text," or "edit shape," respectively.

Note: when searching the manual for "align text," select the section titled "The Tool Panel Buttons, Editing Chart Objects."

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Adding simple text boxes to charts, Reunion 9

Thank you, Deb!

Comment

Working...
      X