LDS Ordinances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDS Ordinances

Does Reunion support downloading and uploading directly to FamilySearch of ordinance fields?

LDS Ordinances is not a feature I am interested in using, but it seems my Family File is communicating with the LDS servers.

I would like to turn this option off, but I cannot find it in Preferences.

Where can I stop this unauthorized linking with my data?

Re: LDS Ordinances

Originally posted by Visator View Post
    LDS Ordinances is not a feature I am interested in using, but it seems my Family File is communicating with the LDS servers.
    Reunion does not send any data to LDS servers. It doesn't sync with FamilySearch, though you can search for data on the FamilySearch website using the Person Web Search feature -- but that's something you have to select to do, and all it does is auto-fill the search fields on the FamilySearch website (as if you went to the website and manually typed in the information). It doesn't sync your data with the FamilySearch database.

May I ask what you're seeing that makes you think that's happening? Are you seeing LDS Ordinances in the Family View? If so, then likely all you need to do is change the Family View - try pressing Command+1 while in the Family View to switch back to the Default view.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Reunion does not send any data to LDS servers. It doesn't sync with FamilySearch, though you can search for data on the FamilySearch website using the Person Web Search feature -- but that's something you have to select to do, and all it does is auto-fill the search fields on the FamilySearch website (as if you went to the website and manually typed in the information). It doesn't sync your data with the FamilySearch database.

May I ask what you're seeing that makes you think that's happening? Are you seeing LDS Ordinances in the Family View? If so, then likely all you need to do is change the Family View - try pressing Command+1 while in the Family View to switch back to the Default view.

Thanks,
      Under File->LDS->LDS Ordinances..., Today, I am seeing a five times larger list of people than I saw yesterday.

I see six columns: Last Name, First & Middle Name, Birth - Death, Baptism, Endowment, Seal To Parents. In the last three columns I see "dynamic" information: "No birth info: "No birth info", "No parents". On line two, I see: "Qualified", "Qualified", "Qualified". On line three I see: "No birth info", "No birth info", "No parents". Lines four-six continue is a similar vein. Line seven reads: "Qualified", "Qualified", "No parents".

It is hard to see how this information can be displayed if two databases are not communicating. Switching to a different "view" does nothing to address my concerns.

If you provide me with a private email address I can provide you with a partial screenshot.

Thanks

Comment

Ah, you're in the LDS Ordinances screen - that information is determined by the application (Reunion), based on the information in your family file. It's a tool to assist people who do LDS ordinances.

It doesn't need to communicate with LDS in any way to provide that information as it can be determined by information that's contained within your family file. For example, the "Qualified" entries just mean that person has met the criteria for the ordinance in question to be submitted (e.g. have parents in the file, have a birth date, etc.), but Reunion doesn't do any submitting of ordinances - that has to be done outside of Reunion.

You can safely ignore that window if you aren't doing LDS Ordinances. I can assure you that none of your data is being sent to LDS/FamilySearch.org by Reunion.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Are you seeing LDS Ordinances in the Family View? If so, then likely all you need to do is change the Family View - try pressing Command+1 while in the Family View to switch back to the Default view.

Thanks,
          Thank goodness I found your answer to this, they just started showing up yesterday (after I had visited the LDS website, funnily enough), and I was wondering how to get rid of them!
          Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

Comment

Working...
          X