ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion

Old 10 January 2018, 06:38 PM

Default Re: How Do Use TNG?

I am interested in which of the mods you installed as I also obviously use Reunion (just finally switched over from Family Tree Maker once and for all) and maintain a TNG website. Can you tell me the name of the mod? Thank you!
Old 21 February 2018, 07:08 PM

Default Re: How Do Use TNG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Fitzgerald View Post
I am interested in which of the mods you installed as I also obviously use Reunion (just finally switched over from Family Tree Maker once and for all) and maintain a TNG website. Can you tell me the name of the mod? Thank you!
Hi Terry,

I'm using "Citation Master". Turns out that it works, as long as you pay rigorous attention to detail (see my previous post), and can deal with the PHP requirement that amounts to (1) defining a template for the particular source type, and (2) actually calling that template when that source type is being formatted.

I got it to work by following the example files the mod author provides. You can really see the Reunion influence in how he structures his examples.

The other trick to this mod is making sure that the custom fields you need for a source are being imported into TNG when you send it a GEDCOM. By default most custom fields are NOT imported. Since you can create new fields with ease in Reunion and give them a custom GEDCOM tag, this becomes an issue if you actually export the GEDCOM.

When I send an update to my TNG site, I replace the previous version of the database, then run the secondary indexing routines. Even for a 5K+ database, this does not take much time. It also does not affect the geo-coded placename list, so overall it's a benefit and will help the Citation Master mod run correctly.

Proprietor of the "family business" since 2015

Researching McCaffrey, Duffy, Garrow/Garand/Garant, Alden, Cadieux, Gagne

ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion > How Do Use TNG?