Search the web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search the web

Am creating a sample file to try Reunion 12. Read feature of search the web and tried it. I didn't see a way of adding my personal favourite sites that aren't included in the list provided (in preferences) One is JewishGen (registration required), the others are more personal to my needs (funeral homes).

Several sites either require (FamilySearch and others) or work better (Geni) when logged in. I'm assuming that once I have the tabbed window in my browser open, using Reunion would bypass my log in for the sites.

Alas, I'd prefer where they exist, having Canada and USA separate. Searching USA when only Canada is wanted just adds to unwanted results, for example. And vice versa.

Do like that I can group the sites as I like them, alas though, benefit would be having the "extra" sites.
    ====
    macRBC
    Reunion user since 2009
    macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
    Reunion v11.0.11

Re: Search the web

Originally posted by macRBC View Post
    I didn't see a way of adding my personal favourite sites that aren't included in the list provided...
    Because each website handles searching differently, adding something to the list of web site searches isn't a simple process. Also, some websites use a method of searching that simply isn't compatible with Reunion's web search feature.

This PDF outlines the process for creating a new web site search. Alternatively, send an email to help@leisterpro.com with a list of websites you'd like to see added to the list and we will look into it.

Several sites either require (FamilySearch and others) or work better (Geni) when logged in. I'm assuming that once I have the tabbed window in my browser open, using Reunion would bypass my log in for the sites.
    Reunion can't log you into these websites, however, if you log-in to them and check the box to "Remember Me" or "Keep my logged in" (every site has its own wording for this option), when you do searches via Reunion you should be logged in. Note that you'll need to log-in using your default web browser, which may be different than the web browser you usually use. See here for details on how to view/set your default web browser.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X