Synching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synching

I created my history entirely on my iPad using Reunion Touch. THEN I found out that you're supposed to create on the desktop and then you can synch back and forth. Haven't been able to find a way to synch from the Pad to the Mac. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!!!

Re: Synching

Originally posted by rjwags65 View Post
    I created my history entirely on my iPad using Reunion Touch. THEN I found out that you're supposed to create on the desktop and then you can synch back and forth. Haven't been able to find a way to synch from the Pad to the Mac. Any suggestions?
    By any chance, is your version 11 family file still in your Dropbox folder on your Mac?

If so, it should contain all of the changes made in ReunionTouch on your iPad.

To access your Dropbox folder on your Mac, open your Finder and choose Go > Home. (I.e., you will see "Go" along the Apple menu bar at the top of your monitor when the Finder is open.)

Your Dropbox folder should be inside of your Mac's Home folder.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Deb,
      Thanks for helping.
      No, there never was any Reunion file in Dropbox on my Mac, because I started on the iPad.
      I created everything on the iPad.
      So, there is nothing for the iPad to synch with.
      I tried creating a bare bones family file on the Mac with the same name as the file on the iPad, in the hope that they would synch.
      That didn't work.
      Other ideas?
      Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Deb,
        Thanks for helping.
        No, there never was any Reunion file in Dropbox on my Mac, because I started on the iPad.
        I created everything on the iPad.
        It is not possible to "create" a new family file on the iPad. (I.e., in order to get a "new" family file on the iPad, it first has to begin on the Mac.)

Could it be possible that you were entering names into the Sample Family file which was pre-installed in ReunionTouch?

What is the name of your family file on your iPad?

Also, when you open your family file on your iPad and tap the hammer (in the lower right) do you see "Sharing Status" or "Sync" near the top of the Tools menu that opens?

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Thanks
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

It's great to be able to search in the ReunionTalk posts! This post from 2005 helped me today. Somehow my dropbox wasn't connected to Reunion Touch (it was before). With these directions I'm a happy researcher again!
          Thank you,
          Carolyn Hoard

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            It is not possible to "create" a new family file on the iPad. (I.e., in order to get a "new" family file on the iPad, it first has to begin on the Mac.)

Could it be possible that you were entering names into the Sample Family file which was pre-installed in ReunionTouch?

What is the name of your family file on your iPad?

Also, when you open your family file on your iPad and tap the hammer (in the lower right) do you see "Sharing Status" or "Sync" near the top of the Tools menu that opens?

Thanks
            Hi Deb,
            No, I didn't use the Sample Family.
            The family file on the iPad is Wagner Family 7 9.16
            The original file on the iMac that I found (you were right, there had to be a file there!!) was named Wagner Famiy 7 Copy 11.
            So, I renamed the iMac file to match the iPad Touch file in Dropbox.
            When I go to sharing status, I get "Dropbox not responding."
            Suggestions? Thanks so much!!!

Comment

...The family file on the iPad is Wagner Family 7 9.16
              The original file on the iMac that I found (you were right, there had to be a file there!!) was named Wagner Famiy 7 Copy 11.
              So, I renamed the iMac file to match the iPad Touch file in Dropbox.
              When I go to sharing status, I get "Dropbox not responding."
              Suggestions?...
              Before offering any suggestions, I would like you to check two things for me...

1. Open your family file in ReunionTouch and tap the tool icon (the hammer). Then, tap Sharing Status in the Tools window. Tap your email address, which should be shown at the top of the Sharing Status. Finally, tell me the "ID #" shown in that window.

2. Open your family file on your Mac and choose File -> Sharing Status. Next, press and hold the Option key as you click on the Close button in the Sharing Status window. Finally, tell me the "ID #" shown in that window.

Thanks
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Before offering any suggestions, I would like you to check two things for me...

1. Open your family file in ReunionTouch and tap the tool icon (the hammer). Then, tap Sharing Status in the Tools window. Tap your email address, which should be shown at the top of the Sharing Status. Finally, tell me the "ID #" shown in that window.

2. Open your family file on your Mac and choose File -> Sharing Status. Next, press and hold the Option key as you click on the Close button in the Sharing Status window. Finally, tell me the "ID #" shown in that window.

Thanks
                Hi Deb,
                Thanks for your patience!
                1. Sharing Status still says "Dropbox not responding."
                So, there is no email address to tap.

2. "Sharing Status" says, "This file is not being shared." Pressing Option while pressing Close gets a new button, "Reset Sharing," not an ID#. Following the directions for resetting sharing apparently didn't reset sharing when the file was reopened.

Comment

Hi Deb,
                  Thanks for your patience!
                  1. Sharing Status still says "Dropbox not responding."
                  So, there is no email address to tap...
                  Okay. Verify that you are running the latest version of ReunionTouch, version 1.0.5.

To do this, open your family file in ReunionTouch and tap the Tools menu (the hammer icon). Then, select "Get Info" from the menu that opens. At the bottom of the "Information" window, you will see the specific version of ReunionTouch. What does it report?

If it "is" version 1.0.5, let me know.

If it is "not" version 1.0.5, close ReunionTouch and open the App Store on your iPad. Then, tap the "Updates" icon in the lower-right corner. Look for ReunionTouch in the listing and tap the "Update" button.

Once it is updated, open ReunionTouch and check two things...

1. In the Welcome to ReunionTouch screen, does it say ReunionTouch "is" or "is not" connected to Dropbox under the listing of family files? If it says "ReunionTouch is not connected to Dropbox," tap Connect to Dropbox and enter your log-in information.

2. Then, re-open your family file in ReunionTouch and see if the "Sharing Status" menu still says "Dropbox not responding."

Thanks
                  Deb Stuller
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Okay. Verify that you are running the latest version of ReunionTouch, version 1.0.5.

To do this, open your family file in ReunionTouch and tap the Tools menu (the hammer icon). Then, select "Get Info" from the menu that opens. At the bottom of the "Information" window, you will see the specific version of ReunionTouch. What does it report?

If it "is" version 1.0.5, let me know.

If it is "not" version 1.0.5, close ReunionTouch and open the App Store on your iPad. Then, tap the "Updates" icon in the lower-right corner. Look for ReunionTouch in the listing and tap the "Update" button.

Once it is updated, open ReunionTouch and check two things...

1. In the Welcome to ReunionTouch screen, does it say ReunionTouch "is" or "is not" connected to Dropbox under the listing of family files? If it says "ReunionTouch is not connected to Dropbox," tap Connect to Dropbox and enter your log-in information.

2. Then, re-open your family file in ReunionTouch and see if the "Sharing Status" menu still says "Dropbox not responding."

Thanks
                    Success!! iPad was running 1.0.3. I updated Touch and Dropbox on iPad, and Dropbox on Mac. Everything connected as they are supposed to!!! Yea!!!
                    Thanks sooo much in helping me resolve this issue, which wouldn't have been a problem if I was more diligent about updating my apps and programs.

Comment

I have downloaded and install Reunion 12 on my Mac. I can't get my iPad to synch. I am running version 1.0.6. on my iPad. The iPad says file is not being shared

My sharing status ID # 26010

On my Mac the sharing status has: This file is not being shared.
                      /Application/Reunion 12/Kirk Family Jan 2018

I can see the file when I open dropbox on my iPad but the text of the files is grey and can't be opened.
                      Nancy searching for Kirk, Carlson, Molgard, Jensen, Armstrong, Heath, Field, DeLong, Thaut

Comment

Originally posted by swannyt View Post
                        On my Mac the sharing status has: This file is not being shared.
                        /Application/Reunion 12/Kirk Family Jan 2018
                        It looks like your family file is in your Applications folder in a folder named "Reunion 12." You need to move your family file from your Applications folder and into your Dropbox folder.

Originally posted by swannyt View Post
                        I can see the file when I open dropbox on my iPad but the text of the files is grey and can't be opened.
                        If the file is grayed out in ReunionTouch then it is not a Reunion 11 or Reunion 12 family file, it is some other kind of file or folder with a similar name.

Once your Reunion 12 family file has been moved to your Dropbox folder you will be able to see and tap on it in ReunionTouch.
                        Gregg Witmer
                        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I downloaded it on my phone and waited for it to be completed to make sure it worked. It looks great. Now I'll load it on my iPad. Sure glad you could figure it out. I so appreciate your quick response and help.
                          Nancy
                          Nancy searching for Kirk, Carlson, Molgard, Jensen, Armstrong, Heath, Field, DeLong, Thaut

Comment

I have similar problem and Reunion on MacBook says "This file is not being shared" I have 31141 people in Mac; 31112 in iPad and 31105 in iPhone. How do I get them all to synch?
                            All 3 units are up to date and I don't think I have changed anything in the last few weeks.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Hi Sully,

Please verify the things outlined in this FAQ. In most cases where your family file isn't syncing/sharing it's due to one of those issues.

HTH
                              Mark Harrison
                              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X