using Fetch to transfer Reunion Web Tool updated files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using Fetch to transfer Reunion Web Tool updated files

Does anyone one have step by step instructions on how to using Fetch to transfer Reunion Web Tool updated files? I have the 5.7.7 version of Fetch and would like to some how streamline updating my Reunion generated genealogy website, which I update numerous times each year. I tried but just got a a 'New Web Files' folder in among my existing files in my existing website folder. Hope I don't have to go file by file.

Re: using Fetch to transfer Reunion Web Tool updated files

Originally posted by Johnson524 View Post
    Does anyone one have step by step instructions on how to using Fetch to transfer Reunion Web Tool updated files? I have the 5.7.7 version of Fetch and would like to some how streamline updating my Reunion generated genealogy website, which I update numerous times each year. I tried but just got a a 'New Web Files' folder in among my existing files in my existing website folder. Hope I don't have to go file by file.
    I used to use Fetch using the Mirror feature to upload the New files only to the Web cards on the server.

Mirror will copy the content of wash folder separately..

As the number of files became larger, I switched to a faster method . I zip the New Folder from Réunion tool and upload a single file. I had my web server master write an ssh script to distribute each file to its respective folder. If you can upload such a file on your server, I will be happy to share it.

Alain
    Alain Farhi
    http://www.farhi.org

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. I was just hoping for an more direct, simple way to use Fetch to update my Reunion website, instead of dragging files into each folder which takes forever.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. I was just hoping for an more direct, simple way to use Fetch to update my Reunion website, instead of dragging files into each folder which takes forever.
        You should be able to drag the contents of your topmost folder all at once, to the equivalent folder on your website, and Fetch will go through all the folders and overwrite what needs to be overwritten because it is new.

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Johnson524,

Let's stay with the feature Mirror of Fetch. The solution suggested by Kiwi does the same thing. I do not know which one is faster. There is no dragging files in each folder involved.

You will find it under the Remote Menu, select Mirror and a window will open.

On the left side, select for Local the New Files folder from Reunion Tools
          On the right side (the remote Server), select the folder where all your webs cards are on the server

Save the Mirror settings for future use then Click on Mirror to upload the files automatically. DO NOT check the "Delete stray items at destination" box.

Alain
          Alain Farhi
          http://www.farhi.org

Comment

Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post
            I used to use Fetch using the Mirror feature to upload the New files only to the Web cards on the server.

Mirror will copy the content of wash folder separately..

As the number of files became larger, I switched to a faster method . I zip the New Folder from Réunion tool and upload a single file. I had my web server master write an ssh script to distribute each file to its respective folder. If you can upload such a file on your server, I will be happy to share it.

Alain
            Dear Alain: Would you share this SSH script with me? I have used Fetch, normally. But there are times when the number of files becomes very large. I know how to zip the New Folder and upload it. But the moment to distribute the files I have had problems. It would be great.

Comment

I ended up using FileZilla which turns out is much easier to use. Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
              X