Change History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change History

Is there a way to see dates of all changes made to a person? The only thing I'm seeing right now is a date for the last change made.
    thanx!
    bg

Re: Change History

Originally posted by Bill G View Post
    Is there a way to see dates of all changes made to a person?
    No, only the date of the last change is saved.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Bill G View Post
      Is there a way to see dates of all changes made to a person? The only thing I'm seeing right now is a date for the last change made.
      thanx!
      bg
      Unfortunately, no, but I find 'first entered' date important enough to add it as an Event, and show it on the person button right below 'last changed'. (See attachments.)

Still, it would be nice to have it recorded automatically.

-Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Paul Reitz; 29 October 2018, 07:24 PM.
      -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
      MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
      MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Reitz View Post
        Unfortunately, no, but I find 'first entered' date important enough to add it as an Event, and show it on the person button right below 'last changed'. (See attachments.)

Still, it would be nice to have it recorded automatically.

-Paul
        Thanks for the great idea, Paul! I have set up my file accordingly. However, I have almost 16,000 entries so can only do it for people I add for this date & forward. Did you set up the GEDCOM for it? I'm not sure it's necessary for others to know the date. What do you think?

Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

I have often wondered when I first added a person to my Family File, and think it's odd (and quite lacking) that the software doesn't record it somewhere automatically. It can't be that difficult to program for it (says she who knows nothing about computer programming).

This is something for the Wish List, I think. Do I need to go to a separate Forum to put this on a Wish List, or do you Leister folks monitoring these boards pick up the ideas from here?

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
            Thanks for the great idea, Paul! I have set up my file accordingly. However, I have almost 16,000 entries so can only do it for people I add for this date & forward. Did you set up the GEDCOM for it? I'm not sure it's necessary for others to know the date. What do you think?

Kaye
            Kaye, never given thought to GEDCOM codes but they could be added anytime prior to generating the file. Those here facile in GEDCOM should feel free to determine appropriate codes; I'd be happy to use them!

With more than 45k existing entries, it's sufficiently important to me to know when an individual was first encountered, that it's still better to add late than never.

But rather than putting 'First added' at the bottom row of Events as I showed yesterday, I moved it to the top row. See, when I add a new person, my SOP is to immediately (automatically) Cmd-2 to Events to enter a real or estimated DOB. With 'First Added' at the top row, it'll be impossible to forget, and it reduces the amount of tabbing, too.

As much as I'd prefer retroactive field re-arrangement for all entries as the default, in this case it doesn't really matter, because the first date is usually unknown for existing people anyway.
            -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
            MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
            MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Freas Rogers View Post
              ...This is something for the Wish List, I think. Do I need to go to a separate Forum to put this on a Wish List, or do you Leister folks monitoring these boards pick up the ideas from here?
              We do read all the forums and every post.

No need to add this one to the ReunionTalk Wish List forum; I just made a note of the suggestion in our internal wish list.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Reitz View Post
                ......But rather than putting 'First added' at the bottom row of Events as I showed yesterday, I moved it to the top row. See, when I add a new person, my SOP is to immediately (automatically) Cmd-2 to Events to enter a real or estimated DOB. With 'First Added' at the top row, it'll be impossible to forget, and it reduces the amount of tabbing, too.

As much as I'd prefer retroactive field re-arrangement for all entries as the default, in this case it doesn't really matter, because the first date is usually unknown for existing people anyway.
                I was thinking about moving it to the top also (Great Minds!!!). I agree with your thinking. I just added several names and found myself having to go back to enter the "date added". So back I go! Luckily, I haven't entered a whole lot of names since I started!

Leister folks: If you decide to add this as an automatic entry, would it go down by the "Changed:" area? That seems to be the logical place for it to go.
                Last edited by kmgenealogy; 01 November 2018, 08:47 PM.
                Kaye Mushalik
                -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                X