Book report person's multiple marriages missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book report person's multiple marriages missing

I am just sick.... I printed out 11 books and sent them out yesterday, and just finished printing out copies for myself, which I don’t usually do... and I just realized that if the first person in the report had multiple marriages, only one of their marriages shows up.... yet multiple marriages show up for the rest of the people in the book. It should show all of those persons marriages and children.

I’ve run a number of tests and it continues to happen. Does it have something to do which who’s selected as the preferred spouse?? You still want all the spouses.

It should still list them all by the order they’re listed in that preferred list. I understand they won’t listed the additional spouses for the marriage partners, but it should list them for the person the report is for. It works okay, if they’re not the first person.

It does still note under the spouse, there was another marriage to “so and so”, but there’s no entry for “so and so” in the whole book, nor do their name(s) show up in the surname list or the person index.

Example; If I make a history book for me, and I have 3 marriages, my book should show all those marriages and children..etc... yes, I have the right person selected for the reports.

I’m using the latest release 12 with the latest update.

Appreciate any help! Sandy

Re: Book report person's multiple marriages missing

Originally posted by Sandy H View Post
    If I make a history book for me, and I have 3 marriages, my book should show all those marriages and children..etc... yes, I have the right person selected for the reports.
    The intent, all along, has been that a "Family History" report/book includes the descendants of a couple, not a person. However, we've made a change to this feature in today's build of Reunion 12.

If the source person for a Family History report (or book) has multiple spouses then all of the spouses and any descendants of the couple will be included in the report.

To install the latest build of Reunion 12 choose Help > Check for Updates from Reunion's main menubar.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Gregg, could that also be made the case in charts? At the moment that's only possible by a workaround - but it's something I often want to do.

Jamie,

Comment

God Bless you, Gregg and all the wonderful work you ALL do at Reunion!! I was so sorry that I didn’t catch that before sending those books out to my 95 year old relative as knew I would never be able to retrieve them with all their missing siblings. I thought I was being so careful!

Besides all that, what’s most important is to say, that you are all just brilliant! I have been using my wonderful Reunion for many many years. Being able to customize my own program, and being able to document all the work I’ve done since 1976, and being able to add to it daily, is just a miracle. Before Reunion, I used to have to type everything up and changes were painful!!

Then along came your BOOKS!!!! They’re just the most fantastic thing I’ve ever used!!! The updates are so incredibly easy, and upgrades couldn’t get any easier!! And, on top of all that, if something goes wrong, Reunion recovers itself without any loss. Just plain wonderful! It’s like being given a gift every single day!!

Thank you again, so much for the update! I so appreciate it!!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X