new family branch detached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new family branch detached

I have been told that all the Borda family in Malta are related. I have two family branches with all the details but I cannot find the common factor to attach them to the main branch that I have. How can I open a file on Reunion 11 for each of them and when I would finally be able to attach them to the family at least all I have to do is merge the families. cvellaborda

Re: new family branch detached

Originally posted by cvellaborda View Post
    I have been told that all the Borda family in Malta are related. I have two family branches with all the details but I cannot find the common factor to attach them to the main branch that I have. How can I open a file on Reunion 11 for each of them and when I would finally be able to attach them to the family at least all I have to do is merge the families. cvellaborda
    Why do you want two separate files? Just keep all the Bordas in one file and when you find the connection, connect them.

Enter the unrelated lines with "Edit" ==> "Add Unrelated Person..." ==> male, female or unknown.

It's easy enough to merge two files, but it seems like more effort.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: new family branch detached

Originally posted by cvellaborda View Post
      If you enter the family branches in your main file then you will easily be able to connect them to your other lines when you find the connection. Reunion has an excellent feature called "Islands" which will help to locate the branches when you want to work with them and separated for you until you find the connection.

There is lots of good information in the manual on "The Islands Sidebar" Just search for "island" under Help -> Contents.
      Laura Turnbull

Comment

Working...
      X