one child not listed in second generation section of book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one child not listed in second generation section of book

I've been struggling to construct what I had envisioned as a very simple book in honor of my father's 95th birthday. It includes only my parents and my siblings. I have quite a few notes on every individual as well as on their married lives, and I've included all these notes in the book, essentially publishing their life stories. My problem is that one of my sisters does not appear in the second generation section of the book--all her notes show up in the child listing under my parents' listing of their children in the first section. The rest of us all show up in order in the second generation section as expected. There are two things that set this sister apart from others--she and her husband had no children and she is deceased. Could those factors play a role? The book is very strange with all of her story out of sequence with the rest of us. This only occurs in the narrative version, not in the history version. I'd really like to use the narrative version but can't with this problem. How do I fix this? Thanks for any insights.
    Last edited by Andrea Sedlak; 04 May 2018, 08:59 AM.
    AndreaJS

Re: one child not listed in second generation section of book

Originally posted by Andrea Sedlak View Post
    ...one of my sisters does not appear in the second generation section of the book--all her notes show up in the child listing under my parents' listing of their children in the first section. The rest of us all show up in order in the second generation section as expected.
    Before you create the book (in the Reports > Book pane) click on the Layout popup menu and choose "Define Layouts..." Under Settings, select Miscellaneous, and then on the right side check the option "Number people without children." Click Save and create the book again.

All of the children will appear in the second generation.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: one child not listed in second generation section of book

You rock, Greg! Works like a charm!!
      AndreaJS

Comment

Working...
      X