Arrow keys to move backwards and forwards between Marked People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow keys to move backwards and forwards between Marked People

There are some very nice features in Reunion 12, but the possibility to move backwards and forwards between marked people has disappeared. In earlier versions the arrows were on the family card, then in Reunion 10 that possibility disappeared and those arrows have a different function.

From version 10.0.2, it was possible to navigate between marked people with the arrow keys on the keyboard. In version 12 the arrow keys on the keyboard behave differently and now navigate from one multimedia item to the next on the family card and no longer from one marked family card to the next.

Keeping a list of marked people in the sidebar is not at all convenient when working with thousands of people and switching frequently between various sidebar views. Command-Shift-[ and Command-Shift-] work with an American keyboard, but I haven’t found the equivalent Command-Key combination on a Swiss French keyboard.

Any possibility of an easy and convenient solution? z

Re: Arrow keys to move backwards and forwards between Marked People

It is still possible to use the arrow keys between Marked people in the Person Sidebar.
    Press the tab, than the blinking cursor in the search box is gone and gray 'familyname, firstname' are placed in middle of the search box.
    Frans van Bodegom
    Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by fjvanbodegom View Post
      It is still possible to use the arrow keys between Marked people in the Person Sidebar.
      Press the tab, than the blinking cursor in the search box is gone and gray 'familyname, firstname' are placed in middle of the search box.
      Thank you for this solution. It also explains why sometimes I did manage to move to the next marked person, but couldn't figure out how I had done it! I had suspected that it might work from the people sidebar, but when I tried, I did not press the tab first, so nothing happened. However, I would still prefer to have a one-key solution as in previous versions of Reunion.

Susan

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I have found another work around to be able to move between marked people. I usually work on the family card with the Multimedia side bar showing. Clicking on the keyboard arrows does not work as previously and I would really like to get that possibility back as it is the most efficient.

However, if I first click on the background on the left-hand side, between the parents and children, at approximately the margin level, the arrow keys will then move between marked people, as long as no multimedia item is highlighted. As far as I have been able to see, it works only with this area of the family card, but maybe varies depending on family view preferences.

Comment

Working...
        X