X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian localization

Dear,
    I have some questions regarding the localization of Reunion 12 in Italian:

- is there somebody who already localized Reunion 12 in Italian? I'm trying to do this but would be happy to have something to work on

- I'm localizing the app mainly for sharing with relatives an ancestor chart and a book project. Do you know which files are mainly involved in those two features? This way I would have to localize only few files (for example I think DefaultFields.rtf and bookProject.strings are involved, what else?)

- I tried the localized files I did up to know and they work for new family files. For the old ones the translated parts don't show up. Everything is still in English even if I delete the English.lproj folder

Anybody can help? Thanks a lot in advance

Re: Italian localization

Originally posted by Donato Spoltore View Post
    is there somebody who already localized Reunion 12 in Italian?
    We are not aware of any Italian localizations for Reunion.

Details on available localizations and instructions for doing your own localization can be found here...

- I tried the localized files I did up to know and they work for new family files. For the old ones the translated parts don't show up. Everything is still in English even if I delete the English.lproj folder
    When a new family file is created, field names are drawn from the current localization. You will have to create a new family file with your Italian localization and import your family file into the new family file.

I hope this helps.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Dear Gregg,
      thanks this helped!
      Regarding the other question, I'm localizing the app mainly for sharing with relatives an ancestor chart (say with birth death dates) and a book project. Could you hint me to the files that are mainly involved in those two features? Thanks a lot

Comment

...I'm localizing the app mainly for sharing with relatives an ancestor chart (say with birth death dates) and a book project. Could you hint me to the files that are mainly involved in those two features?
        A word or warning here: This is most likely a much larger project than you might be expecting. Doing a localization for Reunion (even if it's just for reporting) is not for everybody, which explains why there are so few localizations available. I don't recommend that you attempt to do this.

Having said that, here are some hints:

It sounds like you've already localized the 'Default Fields.rtf" file, this would be the first and simplest step. Then, you will have to download the 'Resource Minder' application referenced on the Reunion 12 localization page...

Using Resource Minder, open the "resMinder Application.resm" file and focus on localizing Dates (RES# 136)

Then open "resMinder FamilyFile.resm" and look for English strings that you would like to be in Italian.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X