Setting the Home Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting the Home Card

I cannot remember how to choose the home card, and I cannot find it in Help.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Mac

Re: Setting the Home Card

Originally posted by Mac81 View Post
    I cannot remember how to choose the home card, and I cannot find it in Help...
    This can be done by navigating to the person/couple that you want to appear as the home family. Then, drag and drop the marriage button to the little brown house at the bottom of the Reunion window. (Or, Option-click on the brown house when you are on the appropriate family view.)

To find this information in the manual, search for "home family," without the quotes.

I hope this information is helpful for you
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      This can be done by navigating to the person/couple that you want to appear as the home family. Then, drag and drop the marriage button to the little brown house at the bottom of the Reunion window. (Or, Option-click on the brown house when you are on the appropriate family view.)

To find this information in the manual, search for "home family," without the quotes.

I hope this information is helpful for you
      Thanks, Deb.

Comment

Fastest way: Right click on person's name, choose Find Relatives from the resulting popup and that person becomes the source (AKA home card).
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Fastest way: Right click on person's name, choose Find Relatives from the resulting popup and that person becomes the source (AKA home card).
          No, that makes them the Source person for the relationships, but does not make them the "Home Card" - i.e. the card that opens when you open a family file.

Roger
          Roger Moffat
          http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
          http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
            No, that makes them the Source person for the relationships, but does not make them the "Home Card" - i.e. the card that opens when you open a family file.

Roger
            File that under live and learn! I only start Reunion literally once in a blue moon, so I haven't noticed. My Macs run 24/7 and Reunion is one of several apps that I run 24/7.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
              File that under live and learn! I only start Reunion literally once in a blue moon, so I haven't noticed. My Macs run 24/7 and Reunion is one of several apps that I run 24/7.
              Your answer may have been wrong for the original question but your wrong answer just made my day! I learned something new that now saves me a bunch of unnecessary steps I was taking to get the same result. Thank-you!

Comment

Working...
              X