Adding marriage info as an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding marriage info as an event

I'm in the camp that likes to add census info as an event so it shows on the family view. Therefore I would also like to see marriage info displayed there and in the events section. I don't like to have to keep going to check the marriage info and then find my way back again.

Is there a reason the marriage info is kept separate? If there is a good reason I will understand, but at the minute it just feels odd to me.

Cheers
    Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Re: Adding marriage info as an event

Originally posted by N Merrick View Post
    I'm in the camp that likes to add census info as an event so it shows on the family view. Therefore I would also like to see marriage info displayed there and in the events section. I don't like to have to keep going to check the marriage info and then find my way back again.

Is there a reason the marriage info is kept separate? If there is a good reason I will understand, but at the minute it just feels odd to me.

Cheers
    There's no reason you can't define Marriage as a custom Person Event (Preferences>Field Preferences). But then you'd have to copy it from the husband to the wife (or vice versa). I believe the Marriage info is kept separate from Events because that it is considered a Family field rather than a Person field, since it links the husband and wife. The separate Marriage info also provides for events linked to the marriage such as obtaining the license or the occurrence of banns, which likewise would have to be duplicated for husband and wife if they were entered as Person Events.
    Bruce Winton Christopher
    Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
    bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Re: Adding marriage info as an event

That makes total sense, thank you.
      I think I will refrain from adding it as an event because I'm cautious of creating unnecessary extra work. It can seem fine to begin with but soon become tedious!

Thanks for the reply.
      Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Comment

Working...
      X