Reunion Talk Digest emails always going to my Mac Mail junk folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reunion Talk Digest emails always going to my Mac Mail junk folder

Does dial up still even work? I don't even have a dial up modem any longer. (I have many long ago, from 2400 to 28,800.)
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      Does dial up still even work? I don't even have a dial up modem any longer. (I have many long ago, from 2400 to 28,800.)
      I think Yosemite was the last version that had drivers for modems. Fortunately, I still have my old iMac G5 and my old PowerBook both running Leopard for use in that case.
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
        At the bottom of the webpage where one chooses an AOL plan, there is this statement: If you're interested in purchasing a plan that includes dialup service, please call 1-800-827-6364 (Mon-Fri: 8am-12am ET; Sat: 8am-10pm ET). So they must still be supporting dialup. (https://plans.aol.com/join?ncid=mbr_advacqlnk00000013)
        Last edited by Bob White; 12 December 2018, 02:08 PM. Reason: Added URL
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by romad View Post
          Bob, there isn't a Mac AOL Desktop Gold version. When you go to download ADG you get this message (as of 11 Dec 18): "I'm sorry, at th............
          News develops speedily. I think the information that I found yesterday was from October of this year. We are all learning. I've never had AOL email myself. In the old dialup days, my Mac User Group set up as an ISP.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by romad View Post
            Apple made a change that tells Mail to no longer recognize emails from/to AOL.com as a valid address. I discovered this when I found out that emails I sent to an AOL addressee using my Dot Mac address were not being delivered and emails I sent to me.com or mac.com from my AOL address were also not being delivered. Investigation revealed the Mail servers are marking them as "invalid" or "spam".
            I don't think this is correct - I've had a number of AOL.com addresses since 1993, and they still work to receive eMail from all around the world, including from people with mac.com addresses.

Roger
            Roger Moffat
            http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
            http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
            X