Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siblings

Often when entering a new child, I will notice that person's sibling are showing as their children. It appears to happen when I am entering a large family with many children. Rebuilding the cache files does not correct so I have to shut down and reopen Reunion. Is there something I could be doing wrong? TY

Re: Siblings

Originally posted by Sully2004 View Post
    Often when entering a new child, I will notice that person's sibling are showing as their children. It appears to happen when I am entering a large family with many children. Rebuilding the cache files does not correct so I have to shut down and reopen Reunion. Is there something I could be doing wrong? TY
    Are you saying that when you reopen the file, the misplaced children are back where they belong? If so, you probably need to send your file to Leister for investigation, as there may be a bug in your family file.

If however the misplaced children are still attached as children rather than as siblings, what is probably happening is that you are accidentally opening the record of one of the new children without noticing (happens to me on occasion) - then the siblings will be added as children. There should be no need for rebuilding caches, or shutting down. Mark the misplaced children to simplify the next step, which is to navigate to the correct parents and add them individually from the side bar - then select move to finish off the fix.
    Peter Cook
    Rossmoyne, Western Australia
    OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Re: Siblings

What you're seeing is an issue we've had a few reports of over the years, but have not been able to duplicate here and haven't (yet) found the cause.

What happens is the Children portion of the Family View is not refreshing properly, so you see children from a previous family displayed there. Your data is not affected - the screen simply isn't updating properly for some reason.

As you seem to have found, quitting and re-opening Reunion usually resolves the issue.

If you find that you can regularly make this happen via a certain set of steps, we would be interested in what those steps are so that we can try to duplicate the issue here. It may also help to send us your family file so that we can test with it.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X