Cannot connect to Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Dropbox

My son gave me an older iPad. I downloaded ReunionTouch (version 1.0.2). I already have ReunionTouch on my iPhone. When I start ReunionTouch on the pad I get the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" window. I click the "Connect to Dropbox" button and enter my Dropbox username and password. It seems to accept everything, but just before it goes to the window that lists the Dropbox files, a small message in red pops up saying "The old version of the Dropbox platform is retired." The next screen shows "Dropbox" on the top but is empty and only an arrow button on the top left to go back to the welcome window.

Is the version 1.0.2 just too old for doing this.? I am not sure the pad will upgrade to anything more current (1.0.5 is the most current, I believe).

Thanks for any help.

Blaise

Re: Cannot connect to Dropbox

Originally posted by Blaise A. Darveaux View Post
    Is the version 1.0.2 just too old for doing this.?
    Unfortunately, yes. ReunionTouch 1.0.2 was still using the old Dropbox API (version 1), which is no longer supported by Dropbox.

Version 2 of the Dropbox API requires iOS 9 or newer, so when we implemented that version in ReunionTouch we had to up the minimum iOS requirement to iOS 9.

If you can upgrade the iPad to iOS 9 or newer you should be able to install the latest version of ReunionTouch (1.0.8). If I recall correctly, the only iPad that can't run iOS 9 or newer is the very first iPad.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

When I start ReunionTouch on the pad I get the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" window...a small message in red pops up saying "The old version of the Dropbox platform is retired."
      It sounds like the issue is with the Dropbox software, not ReunionTouch. Have you updated the Dropbox app on the iPad?
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
        It sounds like the issue is with the Dropbox software, not ReunionTouch. Have you updated the Dropbox app on the iPad?
        I don't think the Dropbox app needs to be installed on the iPad to use ReunionTouch. You would if you wanted to access Dropbox files outside of ReunionTouch, but ReunionTouch seems to be able to do it without the app just like accessing Dropbox files through a browser. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Unfortunately, yes. ReunionTouch 1.0.2 was still using the old Dropbox API (version 1), which is no longer supported by Dropbox.

Version 2 of the Dropbox API requires iOS 9 or newer, so when we implemented that version in ReunionTouch we had to up the minimum iOS requirement to iOS 9.

If you can upgrade the iPad to iOS 9 or newer you should be able to install the latest version of ReunionTouch (1.0.8). If I recall correctly, the only iPad that can't run iOS 9 or newer is the very first iPad.

HTH
          Thanks Mark, unfortunately Software Update says it is up to date with iOS 5.1.1. I'll have to go a different route.

Comment

I don't think the Dropbox app needs to be installed on the iPad to use ReunionTouch. You would if you wanted to access Dropbox files outside of ReunionTouch, but ReunionTouch seems to be able to do it without the app just like accessing Dropbox files through a browser. Please correct me if I am wrong.
            No correction from me!
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
            X